The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 7:23 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
freductions wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Has anyone successfully got a gyro on a NS Decade yet ? I'm thinking of buying back mine and id be looking for a gyro upgrade for sure.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2306692/ this would work on ns decade

Or he could just drill into the frame... he’s buying it used so it’s not like it has a warranty.

I set up a snafu gyro on my brothers NS Majesty. Wasnt too difficult. hardest part was searching online for the standard thread and hole size for bmx gyros. measure lots and make sure you have enough steerer tube. the gyro needs some room to move. if it doesnt have much throw, its really hard to dial in the brake

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 9:41 Quote
https://www.profileracing.com/product/mtb-zcoaster-hub/
Anyone on here ever ran one?

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 at 5:06 Quote
Hey folks, i'm 6 foot tall. Want to get a dirt jump bike, but not sure the geometry specs I should be going for. Raced XC for 3 years, and been enduro/trail rider for the past 2, but i'm an absolute beginner to the dirt and park scene. Any advice would be great!

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
Aim for approx 22.5-24" tt and you should be fine. Most aluminum bikes have pretty similar geo angle/bb height

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 12:27 Quote
Thought y'all would enjoy this! Teaser of The Rise's upcoming The Partymaster Tour video, the full thing is gonna drop in February !!!

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 12:24 Quote
good budget rim? need something better in the rear

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 13:31 Quote
we-are-138 wrote:
Shhhhhhh! Salute
You're back? How have you been?

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 14:27 Quote
we-are-138 wrote:
Shhhhhhh! Salute
Hey man! I was wondering what were you up to these last days how's life going? Still building those rad mopeds?

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 21:51 Quote
newfbmx wrote:
Try my boy Jamal, he’s real gentle.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 21:56 Quote
trozei wrote:
newfbmx wrote:
Try my boy Jamal, he’s real gentle.
lol lol lol

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 6:01 Quote
newfbmx wrote:

Check the buy sell,

If you had a budget in mind we can help. Dt Swiss downhill rims, ns makes some nice light rims. The spank rims were pretty good.

Almost anything other than a xc rim, you can tell by the weight and width. Wider is better.

If you find something you like ask us about it, we can give better feedback

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 6:45 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
newfbmx wrote:

Check the buy sell,

If you had a budget in mind we can help. Dt Swiss downhill rims, ns makes some nice light rims. The spank rims were pretty good.

Almost anything other than a xc rim, you can tell by the weight and width. Wider is better.

If you find something you like ask us about it, we can give better feedback
I'm looking for something in the 40-60ish range, I'll be lacing it to my current hub for now.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 7:11 Quote
I´m thinking about buying a new frame. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?
Thinking about a P3, Trek Ticket DJ, Chromag Monk (But it´s damn long), Commencal Absolut (Damn long too), 2018 Canyon Stitched L (But the service is so bad). Maybe I forgot some nice options. Reach should be 415-420ish

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 7:33 Quote
Striker853 wrote:
I´m thinking about buying a new frame. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?
Thinking about a P3, Trek Ticket DJ, Chromag Monk (But it´s damn long), Commencal Absolut (Damn long too), 2018 Canyon Stitched L (But the service is so bad). Maybe I forgot some nice options. Reach should be 415-420ish

Is the large Commencal with a reach of 426 actually too long? haha its 6-11mm too long

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.043320
Mobile Version of Website