The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 7:37 Quote
Love my trek ticket dj would definitely recommend

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 8:27 Quote
had a Ticket DJ and liked the frame, but I had shitty parts.

6-11mm reach is a big differenece if you do spins, flips, etc. I noticed that I like frames between 415-424mm reach in the past.
But Reach ist not everything, I just don't like short frames.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 9:33 Quote
On the topic of geo, what do you think about the numbers on a polygon trid zz?
69 head angle
425mm reach
400mm chainstays
649mm standover

Springs coming up and I’m seriously considering getting the pre built, the doubt is that I’ve not had a dj or slope bike before.. anything I need to look out for?

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 10:15 Quote
freductions wrote:
https://www.profileracing.com/product/mtb-zcoaster-hub/
Anyone on here ever ran one?

Henry did on his beddo

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 11:07 Quote
newfbmx wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
newfbmx wrote:
good budget rim? need something better in the rear

Check the buy sell,

If you had a budget in mind we can help. Dt Swiss downhill rims, ns makes some nice light rims. The spank rims were pretty good.

Almost anything other than a xc rim, you can tell by the weight and width. Wider is better.

If you find something you like ask us about it, we can give better feedback
I'm looking for something in the 40-60ish range, I'll be lacing it to my current hub for now.

That's a tough one, the shipping from most places will eat up half your budget. I looked at thebuysell but nothing in your area.

My suggestion without sounding like an ass is to save up a bit more money, and you will be able to get a good rim.

Check out Alex rims supra D they are pretty damn good/cheap. I think Halo rims on crc are another good/cheap rim

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 11:26 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
newfbmx wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Check the buy sell,

If you had a budget in mind we can help. Dt Swiss downhill rims, ns makes some nice light rims. The spank rims were pretty good.

Almost anything other than a xc rim, you can tell by the weight and width. Wider is better.

If you find something you like ask us about it, we can give better feedback
I'm looking for something in the 40-60ish range, I'll be lacing it to my current hub for now.

That's a tough one, the shipping from most places will eat up half your budget. I looked at thebuysell but nothing in your area.

My suggestion without sounding like an ass is to save up a bit more money, and you will be able to get a good rim.

Check out Alex rims supra D they are pretty damn good/cheap. I think Halo rims on crc are another good/cheap rim
that was just the budget for a rim alone,I'm figuring most places would charge 20-30 for shipping.I'd say with shipping included I can go about 120 max,depending on what I get back for taxes I'd consider buying a full wheel.unfortunately my truck shit the bed so thats gunna eat up alot of my bike part moneylol lol

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 12:27 Quote
newfbmx wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
newfbmx wrote:

that was just the budget for a rim alone,I'm figuring most places would charge 20-30 for shipping.I'd say with shipping included I can go about 120 max,depending on what I get back for taxes I'd consider buying a full wheel.unfortunately my truck shit the bed so thats gunna eat up alot of my bike part moneylol lol

Octane 1 solar pro from lamacycles used to be dirt cheap, not sure if they still are. That would be my go-to for cheap and durable. Had them for years and they are really good for the price. Alex supra bh would also be a good choice, but only if you can find them locally to avoid high shipping costs. Look for spanks, or sun mtxs for cheap.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 12:42 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
newfbmx wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Octane 1 solar pro from lamacycles used to be dirt cheap, not sure if they still are. That would be my go-to for cheap and durable. Had them for years and they are really good for the price. Alex supra bh would also be a good choice, but only if you can find them locally to avoid high shipping costs. Look for spanks, or sun mtxs for cheap.
crc has no mtx's in stock,was gunna grab the mtx 31 when I ordered my void. I had a look at the o1s a few times,look good. lama has the ns fundamentals in stock for $45 if I remember correctly. anyone have any experience with the fundamentals?

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 12:57 Quote
I've seen enough of them at Joyride to know they hold up well. Never used them personally, but in theory, anything NS is better than anything O1, give or take.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 13:21 Quote
My solar pros are great, pulled a spoke out of one in a crash and it deformed the bit around the eyelet but otherwise they've been great.
Got spank oozy 295s on the Enduro and they're even better

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 17:45 Quote
we-are-138 wrote:
Shhhhhhh! Salute
Gary, you son of a b*tch!

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 19:53 Quote
we-are-138 wrote:
Shhhhhhh! Salute
Jailbreak

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 19:54 Quote
Striker853 wrote:
I´m thinking about buying a new frame. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?
Thinking about a P3, Trek Ticket DJ, Chromag Monk (But it´s damn long), Commencal Absolut (Damn long too), 2018 Canyon Stitched L (But the service is so bad). Maybe I forgot some nice options. Reach should be 415-420ish

Standard Bykes do custom work. American Made.

http://www.standardbyke.com/26-dj-frame/

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 23:11 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
we-are-138 wrote:
Shhhhhhh! Salute
90% of people on this thread probably have no idea who he is.. :/

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 0:30 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:
we-are-138 wrote:
Shhhhhhh! Salute
90% of people on this thread probably have no idea who he is.. :/
And that makes me happy

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025680
Mobile Version of Website