The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 16:53 Quote
90% of this thread don't exist anymore. 26" is dead, long live 26".

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 17:20 Quote
26 is love. 26 is life..... Sorry I'll leave now.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 5:00 Quote
Should i take my old 26" hardtail and do a single speed swap and get some slicks for it before I get a dj bike? Fork has seen better days, but its so stiff, it feels like its been pumped up high, and has slow as heck rebound

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 5:06 Quote
You could always grab a norco dj, the havoc and ryde usually go for pretty cheap and imo were great all around. Whats the specs on your hardtail?

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 5:11 Quote
newfbmx wrote:
You could always grab a norco dj, the havoc and ryde usually go for pretty cheap and imo were great all around. Whats the specs on your hardtail?

I have no idea, it was my first "mountain bike" parents paid 400 bucks for it like in 2012. Its a specialized hardrock. I don't know how much the specs have changed in the past 6 years, but it would just be to goof off a little bit here and there. And if i'm getting a dj bike, I'm just going to drop the cash and get the commencal absolut, just don't have the $ just yet for it

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 5:32 Quote
I wouldn't bother with converting the hardrock. if only you were in the Maritimes, I have an old p.2 cromo frame laying around that I'd give away lol You could just grab the commencal, and if you don't like it sell it.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 5:40 Quote
All I know is I want to get a dj bike real bad because I discovered a group of 5 guys have been digging dirt jumps out of a hillside next to a small section of trails not even a half mile away from my house. I'd take my enduro bike on it, but the amount of work those guys have put into it is incredible. Starts off with some rollers to 2-3 foot gaps, massive berm, then 10-15 foot gaps with 10-12 foot lips, all built with shovels and rocks from the hillside. No one knows about it, its a secret trail, only met the builders twice

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 11:27 Quote
check the buy sell section on here for sure but the norco ryde is a good pick imo just picked one up to flip and I was impressed at how well it rides. Around here they go for 300 or so cad, probably considerably less in usd.

Posted: Feb 2, 2018 at 11:33 Quote
I've seen them go for as low as 150cad,pretty good bang for your buck

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 5:01 Quote
Rabia wrote:
My personal advice to anyone trying something new, commit and go faster, speed is key to most tricks
I would argue the speed comment lol
Views: 4,960    Faves: 19    Comments: 30

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 5:41 Quote
Anyone have any experience with the dartmoor revolt rim?

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 7:19 Quote
Where's that ramp now Drpepper?

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 11:27 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
sold it to one of my buddy for 50$.. my dad wanted it out of the yard lol.

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 9:27 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
sold it to one of my buddy for 50$.. my dad wanted it out of the yard lol.

‘Twas the same story with my old ramps :’( R.I.P.

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 5:58 Quote
Hi guys

Been out the game a while.

For like the last 8 years I've ridden a 2009 Ns majesty and I've never ridden a frame that I've prefered. Unfortunately it's a bit tired and showing stress marks and a potential crack at the head tube weld.

I've been toying with the idea of trying an aluminium frame but have heard many "fatigue" issues and that they're no where near as durable as chromo, is this the reality?

Looking at getting an Ns Decade

I mainly ride park but often dirt too

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.200589
Mobile Version of Website