The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: May 1, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
710mm (or 28") is max I would ever ride. had 740mm for awhile and hated it.

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
Can't stand anything over 29"

Thayt's that she said

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 4:16 Quote
Looking for tyre recommendations for bmx track, dirt jump and asphalt (I practice manuals and bhops on my road after work, nothing fancy).
I’ve been using table tops on dj bike and dth on 20” bmx.
Was thinking on putting dth on 26” jump bike, any better options?
Thxs

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
spaniardclimber wrote:
Looking for tyre recommendations for bmx track, dirt jump and asphalt (I practice manuals and bhops on my road after work, nothing fancy).
I’ve been using table tops on dj bike and dth on 20” bmx.
Was thinking on putting dth on 26” jump bike, any better options?
Thxs

DTH really is the best choice for all, for grip and weight.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
The new NS traffic I picked up today. Planning on stripping it down to out the parts on my new Dobermann frame.

Just picked this NS Traffic up. plan is to rob the majority of parts from it for my dobermann frame, but it's a pretty fun bike actually.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 5:51 Quote
At last, got rid of the stupid seat post! Big Grin

And added some other little touches
ns decade

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
dtayl12 wrote:

ns decade

How are you finding the circus forks? Thinking of getting a set

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 10:25 Quote
welshboy96 wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:

ns decade

They are sweet, I love circus anyway, deffo my go to fork! These were even better as they were £120 on crc, all sold out now though

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
How many people here have tried the Profile ZCoaster hub? Curious if it's worth it to build up a new wheelset with that hub to get some fun backwards jibs or just keep running my ol' trusty King hub

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
dtayl12 wrote:
welshboy96 wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:

ns decade

They are sweet, I love circus anyway, deffo my go to fork! These were even better as they were £120 on crc, all sold out now though

£120. Gutted I missed that, would’ve definitely picked up a set for that

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
How many people here have tried the Profile ZCoaster hub? Curious if it's worth it to build up a new wheelset with that hub to get some fun backwards jibs or just keep running my ol' trusty King hub
it works really good for what it is they are not cheap and sometimes you might run into issues with the internals but for a coaster hub for a mtb its the best until i9 releases theirs

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
Did anyone see the new Neoride coaster hub? The price for the preorder is nice but they do not accept PayPal and they are not proven at all...

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
This is the first I'm hearing of it. At that price though I may have to be the guinea pig.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
skinna wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
it works really good for what it is they are not cheap and sometimes you might run into issues with the internals but for a coaster hub for a mtb its the best until i9 releases theirs

Might be worth seeing if you can get free night bmx to make you a planetary coaster hub mtb version. It’s not officially released yet but I’m sure they’d be interested given it’s in an even more limited market and it has advantages over the z coaster

Zero slack rolling forwards infinite slack rolling flakie. Lighter than the z coaster with all ti hardware while only using chromo nuts and a hollow chromo axle. A full ti hardware planetary coaster for bmx spacing will end up around 13 ounces or about the weight of an all ti profile mini hub.

Wouldn’t need too much done to make an mtb version. I know the guy who got khe to make the original mtb coaster. All he did was send them a revised design so they knew what they needed to make.

As for the z coaster it has a few pros such as the clicking noise. That said infinite slack going flakie makes a lot of stuff super safe. And once the wheel begins rolling forwards again pedal pressure is instant along with engagement. For the z coaster you’d still need a bit of slack, you can just choose not to disengage the hub. That said it also works as a cassette hub so there’s always that.

Reliability z coaster is supposed to be next level and the planetary seems to be a step above other options as well. Hard choice but for the price of the z coaster you could probably get a planetary made for mtb.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
How would I go about removing this BB? I would like to replace it and I can't get it out.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.084362
Mobile Version of Website