The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
I don't even care if I get banned from that group anymore this is too funny.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
I don't even care if I get banned from that group anymore this is too funny.
Dude so true, I just pop in there now and then to drop a few dumb comments and leave

But seeing some of these idiots encourage each other to kill themselves gets on my nerves

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 5:14 Quote
"I can't table any tips?"

"cuts your bars"

Facepalm

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 10:04 Quote

So, here is this week's setup.

Frame: Deity Streetsweeper V3 (not to throw any shade whatsoever, but just like most of my frames I cracked this thing a while ago and despite sending spins off roofs the crack hasn't grown - f*cking impressive how it just won't die)
Fork: Rockshox Pike DJ w/ bolt-on axle (normally a Manitou Circus Pro but I broke the axle being an idiot)
Headset: Cane Creek 40 bearings, alu crown race, no dust cap, carbon spacers, superlight alu topcap/bolt
Stem: Deity Copperhead 35mm / 31.8mm
Handlebar: Deity CZ38
Grips: ODI Longneck SL, Sensus flange on brake side, Odyssey Par Ends
Brake: Shimano XTR Race M9000, XTR adapter, all ti/alu bolts, Ashima Ai2 140mm rotor
Crankset: Deity Vendetta V3 (comic book graphics - first generation of V3 cranks, 7+ years old) with Deity VTi spindle, Madera Helm 28t spline drive ring with Celestial ano
Pedals: Deity Compound
Chain: SRAM PC-1
Seat: Deity Divot I-beam cover over a Deity Sygnal pivotal base, home made stealth pivotal bolt
Seatpost: Deity plastic pivotal, chopped n drilled
Seatclamp: bolt + barrel nut

Rims: WeAreOne Composites Coup, 32h front and 36h rear (seriously cannot believe that a company made me a carbon 26" 36h freestyle-specific rim in this day and age)
Spokes: Sapim Laser, 2x front and 3x rear
Hubs: Tune Dorte 15 front, Affix Rhea (aka KHE Geisha Lite MTB but black) rear with custom spacers, female axle mod, and titanium bolts
Tubes: Conti (soooooo curious about those Tubolito tubes but tubes really do come and go fast for me)
Tires: KHE Mac 2.15"

I reached out to WR1 about a 36h version right before the rim itself came to market (in 32h) - I knew they made their stuff in-house, but I did not seriously expect them to say "yeah no problem give us a few weeks" when I asked for a single custom rim. With the current availability of the Profile Z-Coaster in 32h, and i9 being cute and coy about future availability of their coaster, I was pretty reluctant to commit to a 36h rim for my 36h-only freecoaster in such a major way. For the past few years I'd been burning through a large stash of close-out Mavic 521s and Dartmoor Raiders, finally ran out. However, a quick reality check - my Affix is now far lighter than a full ti Z-Coaster while still using conventional internals, and there's absolutely no assurance the i9 coaster will 1. come out, 2. be lighter, and 3. not suck - made my mind up. Now that it's all together, I can say with certainty that beyond the weight savings there are serious performance gains to be had here - less lost momentum to wheel flex, better tire support, confidence boost knowing my tire won't blow off the rim.

So, the wheels are absolutely perfect, what about the rest?

- As much history as we've got by this point I would like to finally replace this frame with something not broken
-Whenever I get a replacement axle, the Circus Pro goes back on. Note to self: If you're going to crank down on an axle bolt, make sure your allen key is in good condition.
- I've got a seat project on the go - Fiend Reynolds v1 slim tan - that I'm modifying a bit, should be done in a few weeks.
- If I find a deal on a Hope Race Evo X2 brake, I will probably grab it
- I'm just looking for an excuse to replace the Raceface Atlas Cinch cranks I was using on another frame - right now the Hope Evo crankset is a front-runner, but the crankset market moves pretty quickly.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
jespinal wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
I don't even care if I get banned from that group anymore this is too funny.
Dude so true, I just pop in there now and then to drop a few dumb comments and leave

But seeing some of these idiots encourage each other to kill themselves gets on my nerves

So tired of the a*sholes. All this too, why I don't post there anymore.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
crs-one wrote:

Fork: Rockshox Pike DJ w/ bolt-on axle (normally a Manitou Circus Pro but I broke the axle being an idiot)

At least you didn't mistake a random mark on your brand new 831 36's steer tube for your cut mark, ending up cutting the steerer 10mm too short....

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
That must the nicest street build in Canadian history, lol. Even with the frame crack, still better than most

I wanted to buy tubolitos for my BMX a few weeks ago, but another guy walked into the shop while I was picking out a low-rise bar and bought like, 7-8 of them in one shot. I didn't really even want them until I saw how much HE wanted them, hehe. $50 a pop, but if they are truly flatproof I can totally justify that side of it. Much lighter in your hand than anything, and the 'rubber' feels condom-y, as you'd probably expect.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
The f*ck you do to frames man? You go through them like pancakes

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
Draggon wrote:
jespinal wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
I don't even care if I get banned from that group anymore this is too funny.
Dude so true, I just pop in there now and then to drop a few dumb comments and leave

But seeing some of these idiots encourage each other to kill themselves gets on my nerves

So tired of the a*sholes. All this too, why I don't post there anymore.
I get what sal and khristopher were trying to do but that whole place is a mess and they don't moderate anymore

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
Draggon wrote:
jespinal wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
I don't even care if I get banned from that group anymore this is too funny.
Dude so true, I just pop in there now and then to drop a few dumb comments and leave

But seeing some of these idiots encourage each other to kill themselves gets on my nerves

So tired of the a*sholes. All this too, why I don't post there anymore.

I thought I was the only one getting tired of all the BS there. Gesus the advice and "knowledge" shared there. Then they get mad when you try to correct them and lead them down the right path.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
Somehow the stupidity on that page is marginal compared to the painful levels of stupid on the Discord server.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
ratcat wrote:
Somehow the stupidity on that page is marginal compared to the painful levels of stupid on the Discord server.
I had to quit that

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
@Draggon hahaha no thankfully I was cautious with the hacksaw.

Metro-Gnome wrote:
That must the nicest street build in Canadian history, lol. Even with the frame crack, still better than most

I wanted to buy tubolitos for my BMX a few weeks ago, but another guy walked into the shop while I was picking out a low-rise bar and bought like, 7-8 of them in one shot. I didn't really even want them until I saw how much HE wanted them, hehe. $50 a pop, but if they are truly flatproof I can totally justify that side of it. Much lighter in your hand than anything, and the 'rubber' feels condom-y, as you'd probably expect.

Thanks, means a lot coming from you.

After messing around with tubelessness and fancy tires on my drop bar bikes, I'm absolutely a believer in the performance gains to be had in that area. Maybe I'll get a set leading up to the next indoor season. I would just feel so stupid if I installed them at home, rode half a block, and got a glass flat. Which shop was this that stocks them so heavily, out of curiosity?

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 21:18 Quote
crs-one wrote:

So, the wheels are absolutely perfect, what about the rest?

- As much history as we've got by this point I would like to finally replace this frame with something not broken
-Whenever I get a replacement axle, the Circus Pro goes back on. Note to self: If you're going to crank down on an axle bolt, make sure your allen key is in good condition.
- I've got a seat project on the go - Fiend Reynolds v1 slim tan - that I'm modifying a bit, should be done in a few weeks.
- If I find a deal on a Hope Race Evo X2 brake, I will probably grab it
- I'm just looking for an excuse to replace the Raceface Atlas Cinch cranks I was using on another frame - right now the Hope Evo crankset is a front-runner, but the crankset market moves pretty quickly.
What's the plan for the next frame?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036061
Mobile Version of Website