The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
The 2019 Trailking has easily the best geo I've tried thus far. Something custom with that geometry but cleaned up frame features would be ideal. The Streetsweeper was great, the Partymaster is great, the Trailking is just better.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 22:19 Quote
Something along the lines of stout or altruiste then I imagine

Maybe contact standard? I know they have 26" frames and are quite kind to modify it for their customers

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
Question here, I ride a lot of park, street and occasionally dirt. I’ve recently broken both of my metal pedals, can’t ride them anymore.. I’m debating between plastic and metal. I don’t like riding pegs but I still do a lot of stalls and pedal grinds on coping.. I’m thinking a sets of plastics with metal pins and removing the downfacing pins from one side. Any recommendations here? Also debating some uber thin metal ones and doing the same, all help appreciated! I havnt kept up with new parts in years

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
I ride with metal pedals with removable pins that shit slided like craaaazy

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
crs-one wrote:
The 2019 Trailking has easily the best geo I've tried thus far. Something custom with that geometry but cleaned up frame features would be ideal. The Streetsweeper was great, the Partymaster is great, the Trailking is just better.

Maybe Cachet if you want a baller titanium build.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
That must the nicest street build in Canadian history, lol. Even with the frame crack, still better than most

I wanted to buy tubolitos for my BMX a few weeks ago, but another guy walked into the shop while I was picking out a low-rise bar and bought like, 7-8 of them in one shot. I didn't really even want them until I saw how much HE wanted them, hehe. $50 a pop, but if they are truly flatproof I can totally justify that side of it. Much lighter in your hand than anything, and the 'rubber' feels condom-y, as you'd probably expect.
my solution for flats was take a heavy duty tube cut the valve stem off gut it up the Center and wrap it around any other tube.

Got like six months out of used khe park tires that way. Was running 18 inch tubes for awhile as well. Pretty sure it’d be a good trick for those Uber light latex tubes. Weight penalty isn’t bad either.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
core-macneil-rider wrote:
Metro-Gnome wrote:
That must the nicest street build in Canadian history, lol. Even with the frame crack, still better than most

I wanted to buy tubolitos for my BMX a few weeks ago, but another guy walked into the shop while I was picking out a low-rise bar and bought like, 7-8 of them in one shot. I didn't really even want them until I saw how much HE wanted them, hehe. $50 a pop, but if they are truly flatproof I can totally justify that side of it. Much lighter in your hand than anything, and the 'rubber' feels condom-y, as you'd probably expect.
my solution for flats was take a heavy duty tube cut the valve stem off gut it up the Center and wrap it around any other tube.

Got like six months out of used khe park tires that way. Was running 18 inch tubes for awhile as well. Pretty sure it’d be a good trick for those Uber light latex tubes. Weight penalty isn’t bad either.

Lol.i did the exact same a few years ago on a BMX wheel. I tried running Khe Mark Webb 20" tires but they kept flatting and this was my solution. Overall ended up weighing what a Donna street does, so that's my new go-to. Those and fit TAs squeak like a Seal on crack.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
core-macneil-rider wrote:
Metro-Gnome wrote:

Lol.i did the exact same a few years ago on a BMX wheel. I tried running Khe Mark Webb 20" tires but they kept flatting and this was my solution. Overall ended up weighing what a Donna street does, so that's my new go-to. Those and fit TAs squeak like a Seal on crack.

I stuck with the khes at least for awhile. Pretty much only cause few other tires were light enough with a tread I liked and also came in something skinny enough for that build. Then got used to the skinny rear tire(makes fakers feel nicer pivots faster and shit) and sorta stuck with it. 2.10 is like the widest I can run in the rear. Prefer a 1.65-1.95

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039074
Mobile Version of Website