The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 23:38 Quote
sherbet wrote:
We touched base a few pages ago. His best bet is an older model Rs/Fox, a current X-Fusion, or a Cane Creek Helm.

Do you have s pic of a lowered x-fusion?

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 2:42 Quote
StefanNielsen wrote:
anybody knows of a tapered fork that can be lower to 40mm ?

Pretty much any air spring fork, that has same airshaft in every travel length and the travel is adjusted by spacers, or as in X-Fusions case, by movable "unit" that takes it place by going thru the airshaft by pin.

Example:
Older Fox Float forks, Old style RS Solo Airs, some 2015 (ish) Marzocchi's (CR), Cane creek Helms, can physically be lowered pretty much till 0mm travel by just adding enough spacer to airshaft.

And with X-fusion you can use either Cane Creek clip in travel spacers, or drill new hole as high as wanted to the airshaft to get the travel that you are looking for.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 19:52 Quote
munakorva wrote:
And with X-fusion you can use either Cane Creek clip in travel spacers, or drill new hole as high as wanted to the airshaft to get the travel that you are looking for.

X-Fusion has their own fork spacers too.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
munakorva wrote:
StefanNielsen wrote:
anybody knows of a tapered fork that can be lower to 40mm ?

Pretty much any air spring fork, that has same airshaft in every travel length and the travel is adjusted by spacers, or as in X-Fusions case, by movable "unit" that takes it place by going thru the airshaft by pin.

Example:
Older Fox Float forks, Old style RS Solo Airs, some 2015 (ish) Marzocchi's (CR), Cane creek Helms, can physically be lowered pretty much till 0mm travel by just adding enough spacer to airshaft.

Do you know where you can get them spacers for X-fusions in the UK because i have been looking for some but i cant find any?

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
Hi,

I am looking for a frame with following specs:
Mandatory:
- 26"
- long top tube (22" or L size)
- high bb with a rigid fork (430 length)
- steep head angle (71°)
Nice to have:
- short chainstay (385-395mm)
- disc brake mount
- not too heavy
Would like to ride park/street trial with.

What frame fits ?
My thoughts are Dobermann Pinsher or Norco 250.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
If you can live without the disc mount, I think the NS Capital checks a lot of those boxes.

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Also, has anyone heard about these?

This company has been radio silent on their social media profiles and they didn't respond to a recent email I sent them, so I wouldn't hold my breath on them putting anything on the market.

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 23:19 Quote
i9 should release theirs pretty soon

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
crs-one wrote:
If you can live without the disc mount, I think the NS Capital checks a lot of those boxes.
Thanks, mate.
Sorry I meant I want some brakes. But U-brakes are not powerful enough for street trial needs.

I looked further and found the Octane 01 spark. Steep head angle, high bb... but maybe to short?
Do you know some other frames with a really steep head angle ?
They can be 10 years old though.

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 17:48 Quote
Yo guys, just wondering where I can find stickers to bomb my fork and helmet, seems to be tough to find mtb brands. Cheers, pic for attention

Flatspin

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 22:23 Quote
labourde wrote:
crs-one wrote:
Thanks, mate.
Sorry I meant I want some brakes. But U-brakes are not powerful enough for street trial needs.

I looked further and found the Octane 01 spark. Steep head angle, high bb... but maybe to short?
you can always use hydro brake rims if you REALLY want to ride street trials

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
J-Gordon wrote:
Yo guys, just wondering where I can find stickers to bomb my fork and helmet, seems to be tough to find mtb brands. Cheers, pic for attention

Flatspin

Stevie park?

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 2:58 Quote
J-Gordon wrote:

Flatspin

people sell packs on eBay. Also saw a mini printer that works for stickers

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 4:14 Quote
labourde wrote:
crs-one wrote:
Thanks, mate.

You seem to know exactly what geometry and features you want. Plus if you are looking at frames around the price of the Capital you should consider getting a custom build from Marino.

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
jespinal wrote:
labourde wrote:
crs-one wrote:
Thanks, mate.

you can always use hydro brake rims if you REALLY want to ride street trials
You can't mount them on U-brake sockets.

ratcat wrote:
labourde wrote:
crs-one wrote:
Thanks, mate.

You seem to know exactly what geometry and features you want. Plus if you are looking at frames around the price of the Capital you should consider getting a custom build from Marino.
Right... I had a dobermann pinsher for some months and I found it was feeling great on some trial moves. Now I want to try a mix of trial and park and I think frame like the capital would almost fit.

Today I found the mutant bikes disco. The V1 has a really good geo.
Seem to be longer than the Octane One Spark. A good point for some trial moves.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.048097
Mobile Version of Website