The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 19:37 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Are there any solid budget completes that anyone can recommend? I’m looking for something under $1000 that would be good for a mix of dirt and street riding, sometimes with pegs, sometimes without. I’m probably looking for something more BMX inspired, with dialed geometry though, not looking for a casual cruiser. The Radio Ceptor has been on my radar for a while, but not sure if there are any better options out there for the money.

The Dartmoor 26 Player completes are typically pretty good. Strong frame, wheels and fork, good enough but kinda crude everything else.

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 19:05 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Hi guys (and girls?)

Just bought a 26” Octane One Zircus as a last ditch attempt to enjoy park/DJ riding before I submit to my mid 20’s and buy an enduro,

One major error it seems however, I can’t find any parts!

I’ve been out of biking for a few years, wouldn’t even know what to look for in terms of 26” DJ forks, preferably sub £350, all I’ve found so far are Manitou Circus Experts, is there anything else? Also some info in where to look in general for 26” parts in the UK would be appreciated.

Look out for used stuff here on the buysell section or on ebay. If you can find a 26in pike then get it, get a new air spring/lower it to your preference or have a shop do it and you're done. Or lower a 27,5 fork, i still haven't managed to blow up the revelation that's on just now...

Tried slam69?

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Are there any solid budget completes that anyone can recommend? I’m looking for something under $1000 that would be good for a mix of dirt and street riding, sometimes with pegs, sometimes without. I’m probably looking for something more BMX inspired, with dialed geometry though, not looking for a casual cruiser. The Radio Ceptor has been on my radar for a while, but not sure if there are any better options out there for the money.
verde makes BMX spaced 26” completes. If you’re looking to run pegs that could be a good option. They are cheaper as well at 600 bucks so you’d have some money left over for upgrades if you want.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 19:20 Quote
I know it's been mentioned on here before, but the ns bikes 135×10mm freecoaster is hitting the streets pretty soon, some probably have them already. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. First reasonably priced MTB coaster option out in over a decade and I've owned a few na hubs generally theyre super reliable.

Anyone actually seen one yet? Comes with springs and pawls for 24t (meh)engagement of you want to convert it(or can't adapt to the slack) so overall I don't see a downside to buying this rear hub.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 20:37 Quote
I’d definitely be interested once they come out. Been looking for an excuse to build up another wheelset.

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 2:20 Quote
Profile Mini Cassette hub all laced up to a Sun-Ringle MTX 33 rim.

Sun-Ringle MTX 33 559-26 33
Profile Mini Cassette Hub 15t Chromo Splined Cog Driver
Demolition Revolt Cranks Odyssey Tom Dugan Pedals Shimano NX01 Olive Chain Tektro 800A FATTY Sidepull
Bombtrack WTP DASH 26 2013

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
RicochetSiam wrote:
Profile Mini Cassette hub all laced up to a Sun-Ringle MTX 33 rim.

Sun-Ringle MTX 33 559-26 33
Profile Mini Cassette Hub 15t Chromo Splined Cog Driver
Demolition Revolt Cranks Odyssey Tom Dugan Pedals Shimano NX01 Olive Chain Tektro 800A FATTY Sidepull
Bombtrack WTP DASH 26 2013
was your frame meant for 700c or 26?

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 9:35 Quote
jespinal wrote:
was your frame meant for 700c or 26?
Designed for 26" back when most of the FGFS riders were leaving 700c. Frame has a lot of BMX geometry influence.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
Any recommendations on a mtb crank to suit Euro bb and single speed setup? For DJ/park riding. I’m not really sure which options apply as I know many are modded in order to be run ss as they are supposed to be used with cassettes...

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 4:05 Quote
Hey guys, been gone for years and haven't posted any bike-related stuff for ages (I'm sure this is a common thread). COVID-19 sent me back home a few weeks ago, so I decided to do some work on the bike! The build is a little outdated at this point, but everything is still super solid and does the job. I can post specs if interested!
*Edit*

Specs:
Ns Majesty Park (2014?)
Argyle RCT's (lowered to 80mm)
Deity Dirty30 bars + Dartmoor Funky Stem + ODI Longnecks
Deity Vendetta cranks (forget the length) + Deity Ti spindle + Deity Compound Pedals
Chris King ISO SS rear + CK Classic front - laced to Spank Subrosa 30's + Profile chainring
Specialized Compound Control (front) + Small Block 8 (rear, temporary)
Fiend Seat + pivotal post

Sitting around 22-23 LBS with the current setup.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
jacob-b wrote:
I can post specs if interested!
Rad. Of course, post specs!!!

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
RicochetSiam wrote:
jacob-b wrote:
I can post specs if interested!
Rad. Of course, post specs!!!
I will update OP!

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:12 Quote
Hi all!
Not sure if this off topic or not, new to Pinkbike forums. But I have an issue, i no longer feel comfortable on my jump bike. I have both a jump bike and free ride bike and can throw a bag of tricks on command on my big bike (tuck no’s, suicides etc...) but can barely crack a whip on my jump bike. I’m kinda thinking it’s because I’ve been off of a jump bike for a while but idk. Any advice? Cheers guys ????

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 19:34 Quote
yeah, it often takes a little bit to get used to a bike again, took me a few weeks to get used to my DJ from my big bike, and a week when I got my bmx.. very common, just ride it, and get familiar on it. don't throw anything crazy, just ride it

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 17:26 Quote
Been having a bit of a browse lately, debating building up another Octane One Void(had one before and they’re pretty much unbeatable at the price imo) and the NS enigma wheels have caught my eye, especially the freecoaster version. Anybody have any experience with one? Wouldn’t mind getting one to play about with but at the same time I’m not too sure if I want to drop the moneys on something that’s maybe shite haha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037365
Mobile Version of Website