The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Apr 26, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
MrJwoj wrote:
[Quote="fuzzydunlop"

Luke i'll message you when I come to sell them. The forks fell through as the guy wanted bank transfer only. I've seen the Pikes in silver so once I know for sure that Morzine this year is off I'm probably going to get them, unless the orange 36s in buy/sell are still for sale. Though the sensible part of me says just get Experts so I also dont have to buy a new front wheel Big Grin also the perfomance gain will be marginal

Veronique Sandler runs Z1's at 80mm on her Alcatraz so they can be spaced down, I'm just not sure on the how its done. I guess they dipped on DJs as the market is sewn up by Manitou and Pike DJs. 831's are a 0.1% product and Z1's would be the same

Edit there's a pair of bombers on Facebook cheap if anyone's looking https://www.facebook.com/groups/836474933043333/permalink/3183849921639144/?sale_post_id=3183849921639144

Good man, they tapered? My minds telling me to just get some experts, but the idea was that this was going to be a budget ish build as the plan is to only ride for a year and save up during that period for an enduro...impossible to cheap out elsewhere, on wheel sets for example as they seem to be even rarer than forks... octane one solar wheel set at £214 seems to be cheapest option that won’t die on me soon.

Posted: Apr 26, 2020 at 23:51 Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
Veronique Sandler runs Z1's at 80mm on her Alcatraz so they can be spaced down, I'm just not sure on the how its done. I guess they dipped on DJs as the market is sewn up by Manitou and Pike DJs. 831's are a 0.1% product and Z1's would be the same

Only if pikes came with an 80mm option like the argyles did. I shot Marzocchi an email the other day asking if they sell pre-configed 80mm z1s, still waiting on a response. I know Ian Carpenter has one on his jump bike too.

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 0:25 Quote
MrJwoj wrote:
fuzzydunlop wrote:

Only if pikes came with an 80mm option like the argyles did. I shot Marzocchi an email the other day asking if they sell pre-configed 80mm z1s, still waiting on a response. I know Ian Carpenter has one on his jump bike too.

I've been offered a brand new pair and will probably buy them, they come at 100mm 27.5 but can be spaced down to 80mm to get the same A2C as 26" 100mm

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
Views: 168    Faves: 1    Comments: 2

wrong forum but thought i you might like

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 7:19 Quote

My mum gave me dmr deathgrips as a birthday surprise!

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 7:26 Quote
I struggled with manuals for years, beyond most of my friends. Couple things that made a difference for me:

-To get into the manual and find your balance point, ride at a cruising speed and pull up as slowly as you can. Just think about shifting your body weight back nice and slow so that when you find your balance point, you can stay there rather than having to correct.

-What that balance point looks like will really come down to your personal style working with your body type and your bike's dimensions. But generally speaking, drop your heels and keep your knees bent.

-Once you're in the manual and trying to go places with it, one thing I've found really helpful is consciously swinging my knees around to correct. I got the idea watching Lewis Mills videos.

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
got out on a 6 mile ride with my mum on my dj too. it was pretty nice.

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
crs-one wrote:
I struggled with manuals for years, beyond most of my friends. Couple things that made a difference for me:

-To get into the manual and find your balance point, ride at a cruising speed and pull up as slowly as you can. Just think about shifting your body weight back nice and slow so that when you find your balance point, you can stay there rather than having to correct.

-What that balance point looks like will really come down to your personal style working with your body type and your bike's dimensions. But generally speaking, drop your heels and keep your knees bent.

-Once you're in the manual and trying to go places with it, one thing I've found really helpful is consciously swinging my knees around to correct. I got the idea watching Lewis Mills videos.

thanks man. it going to take practice and all of the help that i can get!

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 7:30 Quote
hes got steeze...

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
Help needed,

Can anyone recommend a decent set of mtb cranks, strong enough for park riding,

Wheelset I’m getting has a 10t driver so I imagine a 25t upfront will be required, so cranks must be able to take that. No clue on size so I’m going to play it safe and say 170mm.

Frame is a Zircus so uses a 68mm Euro bb.

Don’t want to spend the earth, planned on getting raceface cinch cranks but can’t warrant £170.

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Help needed,

Can anyone recommend a decent set of mtb cranks, strong enough for park riding,

Wheelset I’m getting has a 10t driver so I imagine a 25t upfront will be required, so cranks must be able to take that. No clue on size so I’m going to play it safe and say 170mm.

Frame is a Zircus so uses a 68mm Euro bb.

Don’t want to spend the earth, planned on getting raceface cinch cranks but can’t warrant £170.

These are on sale. Smallest chainring is 26T if memory serves and you gotta shell out for it separately, but seems like the cheapest option right now.

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 1:57 Quote
Cheers mate, seen those but the BB gets bad reviews, i'll have a bit more of a look into them, see if i can find some positive experiences with them.

Many thanks!

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
Aaaand the octane one solar wheelset I was going to get is now permanently out of stock. Back to square one. Sucks. Any recommendations? Sorry I know I’ve already asked for help today, but keep coming up against barriers trying to get this build done...

135 x 10mm with driver hub.
110mm x 20mm front spacing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
I will recommend hope for a while, run them on 2 of my bikes, no issues whatsoever. For my dj, I have the pro 4 singlespeed version, works, looks, and sounds fantastic. Of course, not the cheapest, but buy hope, buy once. Mine are laced to spank rims, but dt swiss or something else should do just fine.

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Aaaand the octane one solar wheelset I was going to get is now permanently out of stock. Back to square one. Sucks. Any recommendations? Sorry I know I’ve already asked for help today, but keep coming up against barriers trying to get this build done...

135 x 10mm with driver hub.
110mm x 20mm front spacing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

https://26bikes.com/shop/parts/wheels/26-wheel/prod/oo-solar-pro-single This wheelset? That site also has a few options for hubs and do wheel builds.

Halo are also worth a look, can be a little on the heavy side but I've run them in the past and they've been fine:

https://www.halowheels.com/shop/wheels/mtb/combat-ii-26-ss-wheel/

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023100
Mobile Version of Website