The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: May 13, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Feared that.

Should be okay, crown race removal tool recommendations? Crown race that came on forks is pretty solid.

had this issue yesterday, I got 10 seconds in with the screwdriver but it was causing damage. The local bike shop has a special Claw tool that pry's it off. Cost me a coffee and a thankyou.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 16:27 Quote
thought I'd share my Corona lockdown build.

I scored this Norco Ryde 26 for a case of beer. It was in terrible condition but I could see the potential in it, I had one of these previously and whilst not the best DJ bike ever made, they are still a lot of fun. I wanted to build this bike on a bare bones budget.

as you can see, it wasn't the prettiest thing. But was all straight and just needed some love.

I got to stripping it with help from my shadow.

Bit of rattle can action, the frame was powdercoated a mettalic grey

New Bottom bracket, headset and some left over parts from old builds had it complete. Bit overkill with Code-R brakes.

I rode it, but the RST Dirt forks were rubbish. I found a set of clean Fox 32's for a good deal. Much better.

And this is it, all done and built for Sub $400 Australian Dollars.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 21:54 Quote
Brasher wrote:

I scored this Norco Ryde 26 for a case of beer. It was in terrible condition but I could see the potential in it, I had one of these previously and whilst not the best DJ bike ever made, they are still a lot of fun. I wanted to build this bike on a bare bones budget.

as you can see, it wasn't the prettiest thing. But was all straight and just needed some love.

Looks cool great job

New Bottom bracket, headset and some left over parts from old builds had it complete. Bit overkill with Code-R brakes.

I rode it, but the RST Dirt forks were rubbish. I found a set of clean Fox 32's for a good deal. Much better.

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 22:11 Quote
Brasher wrote:

Yew! I’m getting that exact frame!

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 1:26 Quote
Thought I should post my corona build.

Bought the forks for my dirt jumper but after realising I had so many spare parts in the shed I thought I’d try build a bike. Bought a frame and a chain and the rest is all spare parts, just waiting for my brakes to come for my Enduro bike so I can use the old ones on this. Most fun bike I’ve ever built. Always wanted a stp ever since all my mates got them in 2007

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 1:57 Quote
That is one of those frame that you just want to build up, I have a similar situation with a kona bass, I just wanna build up one and hang it

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Thought I should post my corona build.

Bought the forks for my dirt jumper but after realising I had so many spare parts in the shed I thought I’d try build a bike. Bought a frame and a chain and the rest is all spare parts, just waiting for my brakes to come for my Enduro bike so I can use the old ones on this. Most fun bike I’ve ever built. Always wanted a stp ever since all my mates got them in 2007

that looks like a really fun ride man....

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 2:55 Quote
jespinal wrote:
That is one of those frame that you just want to build up, I have a similar situation with a kona bass, I just wanna build up one and hang it

Exactly that. I’ve been on the look out for one for a while now and this one came up a few weeks ago for £40 and I couldn’t refuse. Built it as a girlfriend bike ride bike so I didn’t have to worry about leaving my Enduro bike outside pubs and shops, but it’s come out quite nice so hopefully be able to ride some bmx tracks and some mellower dirt jumps

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 5:39 Quote
Here’s my lockdown bike; already posted it elsewhere but hey it’s relevant

Now it’s running districts, I have some prototype Michelin 2.3 wide tyres now which are pretty epic. They’re huge and light, the rubber compound is v sticky, so much grip at the park. I don’t know how they’ll hold up for street and there’s not enough tread for dirt. Stoked I got them, hopefully they bring them to market.

The frame is a 2010 GT Ruckus UF, the 36s are from 2009 ????
It’s heavy but might be able to upgrade to a cryptkeeper in the future too

Posted: May 14, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
Clean looking bikes Brasher and P3

The octane wheelset arrived they look decent once you take the octane one stickers off (they look to busy with them on). 24t cinch chainring came as well, the expert forks have had the red stickers changed for the silver ones, come Saturday I'll be able to unleash pictures

Only one slight change the T Mac oil slicks were out of stock, which I'm kind of glad about as I'll keep my Brendog vaults on and just buy another pair for my DH

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting back into the dirt jump game, what are some recommendations for completes? Pretty much be only riding dirt jumps and pump tracks with street or park riding being rare.

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 17:06 Quote
605endurbro wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting back into the dirt jump game, what are some recommendations for completes? Pretty much be only riding dirt jumps and pump tracks with street or park riding being rare.

Depends on your budget really. I ended up going for a Polygon Trid ZZ because my old bones need some rear end squish for DJs these days. Cost me $2200 AUD. The retailer I went through had the HT Trid for $1500 and the Marin Alcatraz or $1800. Most dealer direct models have some pretty awesome spec bikes for the lower outlay (my Polygon came with RS Pike DJs). Check out the Canyon Stitched 360 as you are European based.

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
Tbh, if I was buying a complete right now, I'd look no further than Rose The Bruce. For some reason, they've dropped the top model with the pike DJ down to £1088, and the manitou circus expert model down to £880.

They recon it only weights 11.2kg too.

It's hard to see how they can sell it that cheap, and also hard to see any other company selling their jump bikes for a price as good as that!

Depends what you can get in your country though.

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 20:57 Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. I am in the US and budget I would say is less than $2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024495
Mobile Version of Website