The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Author Message
Posted: May 22, 2020 at 0:24 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Ude I just want ti hang it a cruise on it period
I lowkey wish I never sold my Void, man I miss that bike.

Right so I’ve decided I may as well try get my hands on something newer since this Kona’s a bit of a hassle, preferably looking for a complete, what’s the best value for money that’ll be decent for riding street/park? Been looking at Rose Bruce’s as the value’s pretty bang on with the Bruce 1, I can’t really find anything that’s competitive with that price, only thing is it’s an Alu/Alloy frame, I know everybody tends to stick with Steel for street, but will it really make a huge difference? Need something that’s just under a grand, don’t want to be spending silly money either lol. Cheers in advance lads.

Steel flex's a bit more for harsh flat landings of street, but tbh in this day and age if you're running suspension forks and not rigid I wouldn't really worry, most frames you'll get on bikes at that price will be capable enough!
800 sheets for a bike with descendant cranks and circus experts is no too bad like.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 1:00 Quote
Didn't VERDE and RADIO made some okaish dirt jumpers? Lemme checl the internet

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 8:22 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Kieran-Young wrote:

I lowkey wish I never sold my Void, man I miss that bike.

Right so I’ve decided I may as well try get my hands on something newer since this Kona’s a bit of a hassle, preferably looking for a complete, what’s the best value for money that’ll be decent for riding street/park? Been looking at Rose Bruce’s as the value’s pretty bang on with the Bruce 1, I can’t really find anything that’s competitive with that price, only thing is it’s an Alu/Alloy frame, I know everybody tends to stick with Steel for street, but will it really make a huge difference? Need something that’s just under a grand, don’t want to be spending silly money either lol. Cheers in advance lads.

Steel flex's a bit more for harsh flat landings of street, but tbh in this day and age if you're running suspension forks and not rigid I wouldn't really worry, most frames you'll get on bikes at that price will be capable enough!
800 sheets for a bike with descendant cranks and circus experts is no too bad like.

It's amazing value mate, if you can go for the higher one with the pike DJ it's still only just over £1000, but the other will be amazing too as the circus expert is still good!

Posted: May 23, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
Bike booked in with lbs for rear hydraulic brake (Spec to be discussed) - Crown race removal, frame work for damaged steerer tube to sit a integrated headset, general tweak up, new tabletop tyres, chain on june 8th, so that's the completion date for the build. Never have I wanted time to fly as much as I do right now! should work out quite well with opening up of some places post lockdown!

Wouldn't have been able to get it to where it is without help of you guys on here with advice and recommendations so many thanks all.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 3:42 Quote

the brake is on! please mind my photography skills lol

thanks so much to all of you guys! this bike feels and looks epic and i cant wait to ride it all the time!

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 3:59 Quote
Looks absolutely sick, what an amazing community we have here. Enjoy Mannie, that will last you a long time!

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Looks absolutely sick, what an amazing community we have here. Enjoy Mannie, that will last you a long time!

yeah man! i can wait for the rides dude! so stoooooked!

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 4:16 Quote
What a cool bike and story behind it. Treat it well young man.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 4:29 Quote
Brasher wrote:
What a cool bike and story behind it. Treat it well young man.

oh yes. be rest assured i will

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 5:39 Quote
Brasher wrote:
What a cool bike and story behind it. Treat it well young man.

Yes, but also beat the hell out of it.

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 5:50 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Brasher wrote:
What a cool bike and story behind it. Treat it well young man.

Yes, but also beat the hell out of it.

lol

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
What stems are you running? I looking for something with a little rise and 40-50mm length for 31.8mm bar. Any suggestions?

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
im running the nukeproof horizon stem, it looks great, and feels fantastic.


Posted: May 24, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
StefanNielsen wrote:
What stems are you running? I looking for something with a little rise and 40-50mm length for 31.8mm bar. Any suggestions?

Deity Copperhead over here. I've cracked a fair few stems, this one is still going strong. Great weight too.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 3:09 Quote
Views: 173    Faves: 1    Comments: 3

i had to get out and film a bit for you guys. hopefully i can post more soon! bike feels good, front wheel needs a bit of trueing but overall the bike is dialed (Dialled?) and the fork feels so good and it doesnt just bottom out! ;-)


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025463
Mobile Version of Website