The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
| Next Page
Posted: 3 days ago Quote
forty0 wrote:
thanks for info on tabletops all, i will keep pressing my local shop and reach out to my distributor connection to keep an eye on stock and try to snag a pair

appreciate offer to help out!

found some billys in stock might order just to try out, not much info online yet and someone has to experiment

Closer pics of the tyre

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
fuzzydunlop wrote:
forty0 wrote:
thanks for info on tabletops all, i will keep pressing my local shop and reach out to my distributor connection to keep an eye on stock and try to snag a pair

appreciate offer to help out!

found some billys in stock might order just to try out, not much info online yet and someone has to experiment

Closer pics of the tyre

Billys are good! I've got one on the rear and tried it on asphalt pumptrack and dirt, good grip on both, i think i had it at about 65-70psi. Makes an awesome combo with a tabletop up front.
Only thing I'm not sure I'm a fan of is the sound it makes, very high pitched screaming sorta sound...

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
P slope built! Big Grin

How easy is it to lower these forks to 100mm? Or would it be easier to sell them and get some argyles or something?

Very easy. Although the travel spacers aren’t made anymore so getting them can be abit tricky. Although other brands will work or you can use your own homemade one.

There’s a lowering forum on here for 36’s or the fox manual says how to do it

bikerboywill wrote:
Very easy. Although the travel spacers aren’t made anymore so getting them can be abit tricky. Although other brands will work or you can use your own homemade one.

Yeah man, I used rockshox spacers on mine, you gotta get a small saw and chop a section away to slot them on, as rockshox slide up the shaft and fox push onto the shaft

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
forty0 wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
I’ve literally just bought a set of table tops? They’re still being made....

where?

i saw some wire bead old stock a few months ago, and tan wall were available last year, but havent seen folding bead black wall available anywhere in a long time

from schwalbes press release about the bonkers it sounded like the tabletop was discontinued, i would love to be wrong though

how about the new vee dj tires, anyone tried those out yet?

Vee mk3s are basically intense microknobby. Not durable, or grippy on dirt, but they're essentially a good all around rear tire. You could run that in the rear and a Conti raceking or booze light in the front. That's actually my current xc
bike setup.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

Yeah man, I used rockshox spacers on mine, you gotta get a small saw and chop a section away to slot them on, as rockshox slide up the shaft and fox push onto the shaft

I also remember people making spacers out of small pvc pipe. Just cut 60mm length. Slit it down the length and slide over the air shaft.

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:

Vee mk3s are basically intense microknobby. Not durable, or grippy on dirt, but they're essentially a good all around rear tire. You could run that in the rear and a Conti raceking or booze light in the front. That's actually my current xc
bike setup.

mk3s havent been around for a while though right? i havent seen stock in years anyway...

im happy with a 2.3 dth in the rear, works great for all my uses, what i need is a good mixed use front that prioritizes asphalt cornering but can still handle dirt ok enough to not kill me

fuzzydunlop wrote:
Closer pics of the tyre

very helpful thank you
when you get some time on them would love to hear thoughts

It'll be a while as my frame won't be here till October. YTs come stock with a DTH rear and an Ikon front, maybe try that combo?

Posted: 17 hours ago Quote
Anyone know where I can get a 10t single speed cassette cog?

Smallest singlespeed cog you can fit on a conventional HG freehub body is 12t, any smaller and you need a dedicated driver hub

crs-one wrote:
Smallest singlespeed cog you can fit on a conventional HG freehub body is 12t, any smaller and you need a dedicated driver hub

Well that's that idea out the window lol thought that was the case but wanted to check. Cheers

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042639
Mobile Version of Website