The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Author Message
Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 8:05 Quote
crs-one wrote:
snip

Appreciate the advice man, for the price comparison, I can probably get pike DJ’s not much more than the circus pros…Looks like that’s a decision made!

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
I’ve been really loving my Bomber DJ. Totally get what you’re saying about the damper though, which isn’t a problem for me personally because I ride a lot of dirt and like the plush. I run it at maximum PSI with a few volume spacers thrown in and weigh 170 pounds. It feels a bit more lively/active than the Pike DJ to me if that makes any sense. No issues with diving or bottom out for me. The 180mm post mounts are kinda dumb though.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
Anyone know where I could grab some Kenda Booster Pro ? Seems out of stock literally everywhere eh..

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
Ns capital frame arrived today, couldn’t be happier with it!

When it comes to hubs - obviously bmx rear and mtb front…

Any recommendation for matching coloured hubs? Any brand that has bmx and mtb hubs? Been about 10 years since I was last on a bmx so mind is coming up blank.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
Profile is the obvious choice but are on the more expensive end of the scale.

Ns and dartmoor are two more off the top of my head.

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 3:51 Quote
Anyone got any experience with the “slant rl2” forks? Some have come up for sale, almost new, described as “26” DJ fork” but to my knowledge it’s more of a trail fork…


Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 4:48 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Anyone got any experience with the “slant rl2” forks? Some have come up for sale, almost new, described as “26” DJ fork” but to my knowledge it’s more of a trail fork…

Yeah, it is a trail/enduro fork I have the sweep. Its the same. Max travel is 160mm I think.

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 8:22 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
luke2012 wrote:
Anyone got any experience with the “slant rl2” forks? Some have come up for sale, almost new, described as “26” DJ fork” but to my knowledge it’s more of a trail fork…

Yeah, it is a trail/enduro fork I have the sweep. Its the same. Max travel is 160mm I think.

Thanks for the confirmation mate, I’ll stick to the original plan!

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Riyadh wrote:
luke2012 wrote:
Anyone got any experience with the “slant rl2” forks? Some have come up for sale, almost new, described as “26” DJ fork” but to my knowledge it’s more of a trail fork…

Yeah, it is a trail/enduro fork I have the sweep. Its the same. Max travel is 160mm I think.

Thanks for the confirmation mate, I’ll stick to the original plan!
Cool, send pics when done!

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
Will do!

Going to be a bit of a slow build this one, but hoping for most of it to be wrapped up by beginning of next year, got my daughters birthday party, a wedding and a house move to pay for first lol I remember building a bike back in the days of pink bike being crazy busy, and all my stress was “will be building this when it’s my birthday lol

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 5:02 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
liamd-24 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
Really nice build. Wish I could get my mitts on a set of those bars

I managed to swap them for a seat I got given I was after the 106 but ended up with the 89s
Otherwise they're silly money from pride street

You’re Lucky dude. I’m looking for either ns district high rise bars (which are now impossible to find) or a pair of pride streets. I love the look of those types of bars. It’s a shame that they’re essentially dying out (sale wise at least)
I may have a set of ns high bars chilling somewhere I have no use for. I'll take a look I I find em you can have em if you pay shipping.

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
luke2012 wrote:
Ns capital frame arrived today, couldn’t be happier with it!

When it comes to hubs - obviously bmx rear and mtb front…

Any recommendation for matching coloured hubs? Any brand that has bmx and mtb hubs? Been about 10 years since I was last on a bmx so mind is coming up blank.
profile Dartmoor think that'd be it. Maybe some of the oem brands if you can find their stuff like chosen or q lite. Possibly joytech.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 13:01 Quote
core-macneil-rider wrote:
luke2012 wrote:
Ns capital frame arrived today, couldn’t be happier with it!

When it comes to hubs - obviously bmx rear and mtb front…

Any recommendation for matching coloured hubs? Any brand that has bmx and mtb hubs? Been about 10 years since I was last on a bmx so mind is coming up blank.
profile Dartmoor think that'd be it. Maybe some of the oem brands if you can find their stuff like chosen or q lite. Possibly joytech.

Almost what I’ve done, got a Dartmoor MTB front hub and a profile rear bmx hub lol Colours match…

Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 16:14 Quote
Might be making a bit of a tit out of myself here, but I’ll ask anyway.

Description on the profile hub said 14mm, however it’s a 3/8 female, I’m assuming I’m going to need an adapter, worth getting or exchange the hub?

Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 19:41 Quote
Yeah I've run one for years, unless you're using pegs, I wouldn't bother getting a 14mm if you already have the 3/8" one. It's just a stepped washer that goes on the bolt they're pretty cheap.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023004
Mobile Version of Website