Don't tailgate your bikes!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Don't tailgate your bikes!
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
I made this thread, because i dented my session 88 frame. I took it to the shop for them to check it out, and they said it was most likely from a tail gate. So don't tailgate your bikes if you don't want to risk your frame denting.

It'll probably be allright for riding, but still. My frame is dented! Frown

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
It's not that you tail gated your bike its just the Session has very thin tubing.

I've heard of and seen so many dented Sessions now its getting boring.

Their an awesome bike though.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
OR, don't buy a paper thin bike and then complain about dents. Wink

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
I have seen this happen on a few bikes, not just the session. Usually it is because people try to use makeshift carpet tailgate pads that don't provide enough padding. My suggestion would be to buy the dakine pick up pad, as I have never seen a bike dented by a truck equipped with it. They are reasonably priced and worth their weight in diamonds if you do any significant amount of shuttling.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
Dead Horse
+1
ive had lots of diff bikes on my t.g. theyve alllll been fine!!

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
Couldn't you make your own pickup pad for $50 less and custom fitting its just a thin foam pad inside a cover you could even get fancy and cut out your own tailgate handle hole just like Dakine

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
superawesomegnargnar wrote:
Couldn't you make your own pickup pad for $50 less and custom fitting its just a thin foam pad inside a cover you could even get fancy and cut out your own tailgate handle hole just like Dakine

shouldn't be that hard...but that being said, if you're going to spend $6000 on a new bike, don't cheap out when it comes to protecting it!

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 15:23 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
OR, spend all your time postwhoring pinkbike forums,(In an attempt to gain some useless e-admiration , probably.) making "witty" , (yet useless) smart comments to the less intelligent side of the online biking community.
Sorry, I have to call you out.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
scottcarstens wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
OR, spend all your time postwhoring pinkbike forums,(In an attempt to gain some useless e-admiration , probably.) making "witty" , (yet useless) smart comments to the less intelligent side of the online biking community.

Just because my down tube dented, dosen't make me any less intelligent that i already am. It got dented on the tailgate, with a dakine pad, on my friend's truck, on a bumpy road. The fact that the driver was going very fast on the bumpy road, and the thin tubing is probably what did it. Also, i'm not complaining, i was just warning people that if they can avoid tailgating, do so.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
Try buying a floating noodle that you would use in a swimming pool, cut it down the center and slid it on the tailgate, twice as thick as the pads you can buy, twice as firm, waterproof, and cost about a dollar at walmart.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
DustinOrssich wrote:
Also, i'm not complaining, i was just warning people that if they can avoid tailgating, do so.
Fair enough. Seemed at first glance you were just another random person complaining about the dents(there is no shortage of them). As it seems this isn't true, my bad.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
speaking of tailgating, Sheep haha

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
scottcarstens wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
+1 haha

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
Just wrap an old shin pad on you downtube before loading it, take it off at top and drop it in the box. Done!
Edit " old 661 arm guard, works best"

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023009
Mobile Version of Website