Is This Possible?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Is This Possible?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
crs-one wrote:
rockurfrigginbike wrote:
AHH stupid me i forgot to mention that i already have long cables

How is it routed? It can make a huge difference in how many spins you have freedom for. Justin at Broadway showed me a really good method.

i run my brakes backwards (lever on the left hand side) and i run the cable down the right side of the frame

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
Ok here are my suggestions
if you aren't already, get some linner brake housing. If you can't find any long enough you can sub so shift housing, but get the Jag kevlar wrapped stuff, normal shift housing will blow up under braking. Make sure you are using reenforced housing caps so the casing wires don't come through. Make it long enought to get 2 full turns on the bar, then grab 2 zip ties and secure the loop of housing to the head tube like I did in the picutes, this keeps the housing from fouling and getting cought up on other things.
Long standard brake housing compresses and flexes too much causing your brake to engage, linner housing wont do this. I ran a cable set up like this for a year with no problems.
photo

photo

I am running hydros no and still have enough hose for 2.5 spins, the extra half is for missed catches so I dont rip out the hose, I still say just learn to back spin like spin natural ride for a bit and then just spin opisite and think nothing of it, its how I unwind mine

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
they make hollow bolts for the headset... go ask ur lbs on how to get them... 2 of my friends have them

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
they make hollow bolts for the headset... go ask ur lbs on how to get them... 2 of my friends have them
He's talking about the rear brake hollow star nut wont solve the problem, it only works for front brakes

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
just ride with only a front brake, you can barspin and your parents know you can stop. everybody wins!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012750
Mobile Version of Website