DH/4X - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
DH/4X - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 4:08 Quote
Thanks to Clap and Derrick from RaceFace for a set of Sixc cranks for the demo. Got to meet the Clap in person finally. Was a little dissappointed he didn'took like Circes pic but just as awesome a guy in person as on here.tup Beer

With Sixc post, Atlas saddle and Sixc cranks the demo is sitting at 34.10 not to shabby.Big Grin

2012 Demo RaceFace Sixc cranks Sixc bars Sixc Ibeam seatpost and Atlas saddle 34.10lbs. Pretty damn good

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 5:23 Quote
Circes wrote:
f*ck yea dh bike. Old school yeti at 39.7lbs with a spare parts build Full guide and dh tires are in the process right now.

If thats a 14 lb frame and 25 lbs worth of parts, thats pretty damn good for a spare parts build.

See if I can do a parts spec off the top of my head.

RF Atlas cranks and BB
F650s laced to Ringle hubs
Specialized purgatory in the rear and a nevagal in the front
X9 med cage Rd with X0 gripshift
Deore brakes and $10 POS rotors
Clapped out RC4
Some random I beam seat and post
Mrp top guide and taco that I was going to use on my SB-66
Spank 777 bars
Take off xtr cassette from a customer
Chromag stem
Old school 32mm boxxer

She ain't pretty, but I am just stoked to have a big bike again and to not have to thrash on the 66.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 5:39 Quote
That's a rad weight dchill. You take Clap out and get him straight white girl trashed? Cuz we gonna get tore up from the floor up at winter park! Bring yo drinking panties Clap!

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 5:55 Quote
dchill wrote:
Thanks to Clap and Derrick from RaceFace for a set of Sixc cranks for the demo. Got to meet the Clap in person finally. Was a little dissappointed he didn'took like Circes pic but just as awesome a guy in person as on here.tup Beer

With Sixc post, Atlas saddle and Sixc cranks the demo is sitting at 34.10 not to shabby.Big Grin

2012 Demo RaceFace Sixc cranks Sixc bars Sixc Ibeam seatpost and Atlas saddle 34.10lbs. Pretty damn good

Haven't had time to hit the gym or oil up while I've been on the road so my physique is obviously slipping :-(.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 5:58 Quote
You better not be some flabby lard when you get to WP! It's time for that Rocky training song! Eye of the tiger!

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 6:53 Quote
Track preview of the next 4x pro tour round that is comming

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 11:31 Quote
dolla

dolla

bill

ya'all

http://www.ti-springs.com/
my brother pre-ordered a Ti-spring from them for his glory at a #525
probably gonna order one too once I know my vivid is the right rate

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 11:35 Quote
It might take a bit longer than stated to get the spring took me 6-8 weeks before I got my pre ordered spring.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
soooo, my bikes kinda lardy, around 38 - 39lbs, any easy weight loss areas that dont cost the earth? im more than likely swapping to an xfusion air can and totem or 36 airs later this year, but till then?

2009 bashee scythe dhx5.0
totem rc2 coil
slx cranks
RF single ring
superstar components chainguide (around 180g, not too bad)
spesh roval dh wheels (dt f550 rims, novatec hubs)
minion dhf dual plys, mid weight scwalbe tubes
zee gearing, 11 - 28 cassette
dmr vault pedals
rf atlas bar
gravity stem
hope m4 brakes
stock seatpost, sdg bel air seat, hope qr clamp
fsa pig headset

im thinking tyres, tubes, seat and seat post are easiest, but im getting a reverb for it, ill be able to hit local red routes far easier that way, and i commute on it sometimes, but ill be getting a thomson elite post and tioga d spyder seat for dh days, nice and light.
is it gonna be a case of air suss is only noticable drop in weight?

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 11:55 Quote
tubeless, air shock, seat and maybe post.

get the totem air, best single crown dh fork out there, and they are being discontinued after this august.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 11:59 Quote
Hermit185 wrote:
tubeless, air shock, seat and maybe post.

get the totem air, best single crown dh fork out there, and they are being discontinued after this august.

Best SC DH fork? Pffft

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 12:02 Quote
Tyres/tubes would be the best/most noticeable place to target. Short of carbon-ing all the things, air shock and fork (a tapered steerer fork so you can lose the fat stem.), Ti railed saddle, probably lighter brakes too...

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 12:02 Quote
Yeah, im gonna be picking some tubeless muddy marys soon, dropping 200g per tyre, and whatever I save on tubes. And I think id come to that conclusion myself tbh, I mean, a need a 700lb spring, that thing weighs a ton on its own, easily half a lb more than a 450. Ive been thinking air lyrics aswell, 170mm, I can reduce rear travel from 7/8 inch to 6.4/7.3 with a shorter shock, been thinking it would make it more enduro aswell as awesome fun on jumpier tracks

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 at 12:06 Quote
Dingus, the stems not too bad, 180g with bolts, same as a Thomson. Though if im getting lyriks or possible even a vengeance, it will be tapered so I can get an atlas stem.

And brakes, I know Cry I really like hopes though, the reliability is brilliant, though New saints are tempting...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023102
Mobile Version of Website