Whats better for djs hydraulic brakes or cable v brakes

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Whats better for djs hydraulic brakes or cable v brakes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 7:56 Quote
hello my m8 says that v brakes are better because they dont brake but i prefer hydrolic wat is your opion

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:03 Quote
wtf is he smoking?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:10 Quote
SkiRacer wrote:
wtf is he smoking?

nothing good im guessing

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:24 Quote
it aint me it my m8 he says that if you brake a hydrolic then there knacked and all i said is wtf r u on about he then said put a thread up and see what is the best so have a go at him he is chazdaman

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:28 Quote
You and your friend are having a little argument?
Cute 3

V brakes can offer better stopping power, when set up correctly, and they are easier to fix and set up, IMO.

Hydro's have a sharper feel, and will also work very well, but are prone to braking easier.

Persoanlly I like the feel of a Hydro much more, but im always scared mines broken or needs bleeding etc.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
at first I didn't recognize the full title and thought that it was hydro verses mech disc brakes and thought that the results could be interesting.. but v-brakes?

you could get away with riding v-brakes if you are crazy smooth, otherwise disc is the way to go.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
I heard V's can be good, but when they came stock on my havoc, within a few days riding the paint on the sidewalls of my back rim was gone Frown so I dont like that, and if you knock your rim outta true a bit they rub. Go disk, they feel great!

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:44 Quote
First, Ed type properly, and use capitilization. Razz

And this thread will just be opinions anyway. So you won't find a definate answer.

Plus, you've completely forgotten cable disc brakes too.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:45 Quote
Shore888 wrote:
I heard V's can be good, but when they came stock on my havoc, within a few days riding the paint on the sidewalls of my back rim was gone Frown so I dont like that, and if you knock your rim outta true a bit they rub. Go disk, they feel great!
What if you bend ur disk

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
me and barrett have had a argument and he said that v brake were better then hydros and then he said lets see what people say on pinkbike

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:47 Quote
Spider987 wrote:
Shore888 wrote:
What if you bend ur disk
Your less likely to bend your rotor than your rim, right? Your riding on your rim all the time, so its more of a chance of getting buckled. Cool

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:49 Quote
Bend it back??? or is that too obvious...
cables are best for hardly any maintenance and stopping power...
and they are cheap and strong( disc depending)

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:51 Quote
i have to say hydro i have a juicy 5 and its the best thing for dj

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
Spider987 wrote:
Shore888 wrote:
What if you bend ur disk
Whats easier, buying a new rim for 200$ or a new rotor for 40$? Wink

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
v brakes can workm out ok for dj and street cuz u dont need much power, they are lighter, and cheaper. for for dh and freeride, ur better off wiht some hydros, cuz they deal wiht the heat waaayy better

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012871
Mobile Version of Website