Bike Check Dobermann Pincher..Jared Hughes build

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Bike Check Dobermann Pincher..Jared Hughes build
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
Hey I am building up a Dobermann. I need some advice on parts and just general input on the subject. If you don't like something, or have previous experience, I'd like to hear it. The stuff in bold is either A)I already own it or B) it is on order.
Frame: Dobermann Pincher/Black
Fork: Pike 454 Dual Air/Spraying blackShaved front Brake Mounts
Cranks: Macneil Conjoined/black
BB: Eastern
Pedals: Oddysey Twisted PC's/Glow Clear
Sprocket: Demolition M5 25T/black
Bars: Dobermann Guildoune/gold
Rear Wheel: Mavic EX. 729 laced to KHE Geisha Mountain Free coaster, DT swiss Champ. Spokes.Black/Gold
Front Wheel: Mavic EX 729 on DT swiss hub (changing to NS rotary, before I finish the build) with DT swiss Champ. Spokes
Stem: NS Quark
Grips: ODI long Neck.
Headset: Aheadset.
Brake: Nike 6.0/BB7 (depends on the mood)
Tires: Tioga FS-100s
Seat and Post: Macneil SL pivitol on Macneil Post
Nothing is really set in stone, I can always change things around, except for some stuff. The rotary will be coming after I have everything built up and the Pike is at 85mm ATM

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
the macneil sl seats are light but hurt like a bitch! oh and id go with a 721 for the front. im running a 719 and its holding up awesome and im not the smoothest at times. and for as nice as the dob bars look, i probably wouldnt run them considering there heavier then my steel bar and stem combined soo. but thats up to you other than that sounds ssstreeet

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
don't get the demolition M5 sprocket, i can post a picture if you would like to what what happens to them? Smile

also, what sort of build are you going for, as in, strong, light?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
Well, I love Dobermann, as a whole so i am sticking with there bars. And i am not going for a light build. Around 27, 28 if possible. And what other sprockets would you go with?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
i would recommend profile imperial, s&m tuffman, fit dlr, coalition, primo, superstar, mankind, have a look at those buddy! also, this is what happens to the M5 sprocket, even with the 25t as one of the demolition riders told me when i saw him.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
yeah looks like profile Imperial it is.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
for a headset get a fsa impact, and i just got a brand new deity crankset in my dob and toaday it went for a shit, its cracking and cranks vibrate a bit, its lubed up and rolls smooth when no weight is on it but grinds and cracks when im riding it, anyone know?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
Loglitz wrote:
for a headset get a fsa impact, and i just got a brand new deity crankset in my dob and toaday it went for a shit, its cracking and cranks vibrate a bit, its lubed up and rolls smooth when no weight is on it but grinds and cracks when im riding it, anyone know?
Is your chain line straight? Are all the bolts properly tightened?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:50 Quote
isn't FSA impact an integrated headeset. And Dobermann's cant run integrated, if i am not mistaken.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Loglitz wrote:
Is your chain line straight? Are all the bolts properly tightened?
chain line is as good as i can get, which looks perfect, tightened all bolts the other day when it was good still, today we went for a 20km ride and it just, bleh

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
jaredhtop wrote:
isn't FSA impact an integrated headeset. And Dobermann's cant run integrated, if i am not mistaken.
The Impact is integrated as far as I know. Any FSA headset will be very legit. I would also recommend the Crank Bros Opium headset.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
jaredhtop wrote:
lmao i feel like an idiot, i was thinkin of my mob at that moment

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
Actually Reck, I used to have an FSA Impact integrated on My old ToP

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
jaredhtop wrote:

Just get some cane creek tank-2 thats what I have and its bombproof,never had a problem or if you have the money get a Chris king

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
majeau wrote:
jaredhtop wrote:

Just get some cane creek tank-2 thats what I have and its bombproof,never had a problem or if you have the money get a Chris king
I don't care about weight, well, right now. And if i have spare money, I'll buy it. This is a budget build, and very, verycheap. With the exception to bars, stem, and Rotary, everything is used.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012314
Mobile Version of Website