Bike Check Dobermann Pincher..Jared Hughes build

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Bike Check Dobermann Pincher..Jared Hughes build
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
jaredhtop wrote:
majeau wrote:
jaredhtop wrote:
isn't FSA impact an integrated headeset. And Dobermann's cant run integrated, if i am not mistaken.

Just get some cane creek tank-2 thats what I have and its bombproof,never had a problem or if you have the money get a Chris king
I don't care about weight, well, right now. And if i have spare money, I'll buy it. This is a budget build, and very, verycheap. With the exception to bars, stem, and Rotary, everything is used.

well get the cane creek,theyre cheap and sick Big Grin

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
yeah what do they retail for?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
about 30 bucks online,50 at your lbs

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
jaredhtop wrote:
majeau wrote:
jaredhtop wrote:
isn't FSA impact an integrated headeset. And Dobermann's cant run integrated, if i am not mistaken.

Just get some cane creek tank-2 thats what I have and its bombproof,never had a problem or if you have the money get a Chris king
I don't care about weight, well, right now. And if i have spare money, I'll buy it. This is a budget build, and very, verycheap. With the exception to bars, stem, and Rotary, everything is used.
Hey, I have a Front Rotary 20mm on the way that I probably won't be needing because I went 15mm. If you are interested, PM me and we'll work something out.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
Looks really good man.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
well, I hope so. I am hoping the black and gold should look good. Pimp

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
jaredhtop wrote:
Hey I am building up a Dobermann. I need some advice on parts and just general input on the subject. If you don't like something, or have previous experience, I'd like to hear it. The stuff in bold is either A)I already own it or B) it is on order.
Frame: Dobermann Pincher/Black
Fork: Pike 454 Dual Air/Spraying blackShaved front Brake Mounts
Cranks: Macneil Conjoined/black
BB: Eastern
Pedals: Oddysey Twisted PC's/Glow Clear
Sprocket: Demolition M5 25T/black
Bars: Dobermann Guildoune/gold
Rear Wheel: Mavic EX. 729 laced to KHE Geisha Mountain Free coaster, DT swiss Champ. Spokes.Black/Gold
Front Wheel: Mavic EX 729 on DT swiss hub (changing to NS rotary, before I finish the build) with DT swiss Champ. Spokes
Stem: NS Quark
Grips: ODI long Neck.
Headset: Aheadset.
Brake: Nike 6.0/BB7 (depends on the mood)
Tires: Tioga FS-100s
Seat and Post: Macneil SL pivitol on Macneil Post
Nothing is really set in stone, I can always change things around, except for some stuff. The rotary will be coming after I have everything built up and the Pike is at 85mm ATM

id get 721 over the 729s , much lighter and still friggen strong

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
already have the 729's with a buddy

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 23:39 Quote
bmx stem? anythiny besides ns stem..

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 23:42 Quote
for the seat, personal preference but I say get the metal bikes kevlar pivotal seat.

that shit looks ballin' as hell and is the envy of all riders. only downside is I think it's quite expensive.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 23:46 Quote
dude for a headset if you havent already gotten one get a fsa pig or the pig that is sealed there both strong and cheap!

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 7:39 Quote
STREETxxxRIDER wrote:
bmx stem? anythiny besides ns stem..
I really don't know what stem to get. Any suggestions toward a bmx stem?

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
Stolen Convict stem. cheap, under 10 ounces, wont slip. http://www.danscomp.com/370216.php?cat=PARTS#

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 8:28 Quote
alright man, thanks

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
trekbruiser17 wrote:
Stolen Convict stem. cheap, under 10 ounces, wont slip. http://www.danscomp.com/370216.php?cat=PARTS#
My Stolen Convict stem slipped terribly even after I sanded the paint off my bars. Absolutely the worst stem I have ever ridden. Attention Do not buy. Attention

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013262
Mobile Version of Website