Freeride/dh shorts, are they of any real use?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Freeride/dh shorts, are they of any real use?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
morshutheshopkeep wrote:
knobzy wrote:
worht the $$

i baught a pair of Kona riding pants over 6 years ago. Few rips in them now, but it survived MANY MANY crashed, a broken femur and they are ready for retirement ( due to belly bulging) haha.
i woulda thought they'd crack

6 years strong, it took 5 years before the first tear, after all the crashing.

no cracks, dents or dings. They arn't (insert any non kona bike manufactors here).......

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 6:28 Quote
many thanks for all the comments guysBig Grin Beer
right now im actually convinced *orso* to buy one, what do you think about this one? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23987

ty
cheersSalute

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
pablow wrote:
many thanks for all the comments guysBig Grin Beer
right now im actually convinced *orso* to buy one, what do you think about this one? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23987

ty
cheersSalute
just to let you know thoose are pants, they also look like snow pants

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
pants look cooler anyways. shorts are for little boys

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 12:20 Quote
FR/DH shorts are usually made of wicking materials too, which are way better to ride in.

Cotton sucks yo!

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
they are actually shorts and pants in one. Its kinda useful i think tbh=]
ow and are these made of cotton than? *to the last guy*

cheersSalute

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
Absolutely worth the money. Over the years I've gone through a couple pairs of Kona shorts, a couple pairs of Oakley's, couple of the TLD Moto shorts, some Fox Midrangers, Rangers, & Sargents and some Enduro Humvee's.

I highly recommend any of those EXCEPT the Fox shorts... They're garbage now and every single pair of Fox shorts I've owned in the last two years has ripped in a crash whereas NONE of my other shorts have. Though the chamois in them is nice, I'll give them that... they're comfortably until they rip.

Oakley's are too pricey in my book but they're very nice and come with a really comfy chamois. They're warm too if you live in the north.

The Kona's are great cause they're cheap ($35) and comfortable & plenty durable but they dont have a chamois.

TLD Moto's are awesome, easily the most "uber" durable lol... No chamois but they do have some hip pads and the cut is spot on for riding.

The Enduro's are really nice, great chamois, durable, comfy, not too pricey... but they're not particularly baggy... they're not tight, just more of a 'fitted' all mountain/xc style than a loose DH/FR short.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
hating on a pair of shorts that ripped because you crashed is weak. Buy a pair made for moto-x end thread.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:

really?

ive always thought that the full length trousers with designs on and stuff look a bit dickheadish. just my opinion, but i find shorts much more comfy, easier to ride in, cooler [temp] and lighter.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
BedgeburyBiker wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:

really?

ive always thought that the full length trousers with designs on and stuff look a bit dickheadish. just my opinion, but i find shorts much more comfy, easier to ride in, cooler [temp] and lighter.

+1

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
I have some no-fear ones, love them exsept they are very bad on the ventilation side. Always end up drenched in sweat even when having them zipped off. Other then that they are great.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 23:20 Quote
ok, uve convinced me guys=] i bought the no fear ones, now i just have to wait and see how they hold up.
cheersSalute

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 3:25 Quote
Can someone tell me please are there any shorts with (don't know how even to say it) with buttocks protection. Because I am currently looking for some of those... It would be great to here any information about experience of using shorts with this protection. Such as realisation of it - leather panels, or some other panels, photos of the shorts and others... Thanks!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013601
Mobile Version of Website