Stevens Pass Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - West
Stevens Pass Bike Park
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 10:54 Quote
Through searching around I have noticed there is no Stevens pass bike park thread in the USA - west section that I could find, I found a lot of post inside other threads. Though the Stevens pass web page still hasent made anything official yet I am still counting down the days till summer 2010. Now I hope the granola munching hippies don't shut this one down in my opinion all their rutted out hiking trails cause more damage/drainage problems to the environment than a couple maintained FR/DH trails ever will.

What are your opinions?
Anyone have any new up to date info.?

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 8:13 Quote
Here is what USDA Forest Service has on their web site schedule:

Stevens Pass Master Development Plan Phase I Projects
EA- Special use management
In Progress:
Scoping Start 06/04/2008
Est. 215 Comment Period Legal Notice 04/2009 Expected:06/2009 07/2009
Sean Wetterberg
801-733-2685 swetterberg@fs.fed.us

Description: Develop five mountain bike trails within the Hogsback, Skyline, and Daisy Lift areas with a system of beginner, intermediate, and advanced trails. The project would also upgrade the water treatment system at Stevens Pass Ski Area
Location: UNIT - Skykomish Ranger District. STATE - Washington. COUNTY - Snohomish. LEGAL - Section 13, 14, 23 and 24, T26N, R14E. Stevens Pass Ski Area at the summit of US Highway 2 on the border between King and Chelan Counties.

So hopefully this is the sign that they are getting moving on this project barring any interference from the Sierra club. Here is the Seattle Times Article on this as well...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008668099_stevenspass25m.html

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
We are still working. Right now we are on track for approval sometime this Fall. Still on track to open something next summer 2010. keep the faith!

Joel

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 4:48 Quote
Fall has come and just about gone, and there is no update on Stevens' website. Anyone know what the latest is?

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 8:18 Quote
I have been trying to email the forest service for a couple weeks with no success. I’m not sure if Stevens Pass's story is the same but I have been doing sum work for a mine up around Mt. Baker in forest service land and our exploratory drilling for mine expansion has been put on hold also, they say it’s the person that has been put in charge of national forests from the Obama administration, they have set in place that their office needs to approve every project in all national forest instead of leaving it up to local authorities. Again I am not sure if this is the same story for Stevens Pass but it makes sense.

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
Oh alright. i tried emailing this guy that knows about it. he said its suppost to open summer 2010 and that he'll ask some guy that is atually in the project. never got back to me. that was about 2 weeks ago.

Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
It is just a slow process. The environmental document that basically has all the work we have done in the last couple of years is schedule to go public soon, before the end of the month. Once this happens the clock starts ticking. Once this goes public we will launch our website and have some cool news to make public.

Joel

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 10:03 Quote
Hard to think about a bike park with all the snow they are getting...

Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
That is true. Out on the hill this AM we are getting close!

Joel

Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
So have you guys started building?

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 7:55 Quote
Still waiting for FS approval which we are scheduled to get this winter. In time to begin building and open this coming summer.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 11:13 Quote
Oh alright. 5 trails or how many when it opens, whats the idea here?

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
5 trails are in the first phase. The plan is to open with two trails and keep building through the summer. The first two would be excavated advanced and intermediate.

Joel

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 15:13 Quote
Stevenspass wrote:
5 trails are in the first phase. The plan is to open with two trails and keep building through the summer. The first two would be excavated advanced and intermediate.

Joel
well, its good to hear that something is finally happening....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016436
Mobile Version of Website