Stevens Pass Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - West
Stevens Pass Bike Park
Posted: Apr 25, 2012 at 7:26 Quote
There is a NWcup DH race there in August, just hoping to get a weekend or two in before the race. Do you guys know what line the race is going to be on? My guess is Slingshot Wookie, but maybe not.
I wish it was open now, but reallistically, not until the end of July Frown

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 at 7:39 Quote
c25porter wrote:
There is a NWcup DH race there in August, just hoping to get a weekend or two in before the race. Do you guys know what line the race is going to be on? My guess is Slingshot Wookie, but maybe not.
I wish it was open now, but reallistically, not until the end of July Frown

I think everyone is catching the stoked bug with Stevens this year. None of us want to accept the fact that a mid summer opening is happening. Hell I moved to Monroe a couple months back just to be closer to it and check weekly on the snow amount only to be pissed off. COME ON GLOBAL WARMING Beer

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 at 12:51 Quote
I'm excited because it is not duthie which needs freaking bouncers on the weekend. Don't get me wrong it's fantastic place to ride but I hate having to fight for a line to open up. It's not a amusement park. Although in time Stevens will become this but at least the trails as the multiply will be able sustain the quantity of riders. Just pray for sunshine and rain up there!!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 15:59 Quote
Trying to get out to a couple of the races but will probably be tied down here pushing snow!

Joel

Bporter83 wrote:
With the ski season winding down how are things shaping up for the bike park? Are there any preseason events to look forward too? Is the stevens tent going to show up at any NW cup races, aside from the finals.
I know we are still a long time from opening, especially with the second season in effect, but anticipation is through the roof (I know im not the only one.)

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 16:00 Quote
We lost almost 3 feet of snow last week with warm temps and rain! One more weekend of operations and then let the hogging of snow begin!

Joel

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 18:58 Quote
I never thought I'd be happy to see the snow go.

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 20:07 Quote
Joel, thanks for the update! Good to know you guys are getting to working on getting down to the dirt soon.

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 at 21:49 Quote
Joel,

Are you going to be hiring people to help with the dig out / day to day operations? I realize that you are only running one lift but with the thought of massive crowds Im wondering about trail work, lift ops, food service and the like. And if these types of jobs are becoming available how would one go about applying? I know a large group of ready and willing cooks who would love to do some burger flipping and pizza making.

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 16:45 Quote
Stevenspass wrote:
We lost almost 3 feet of snow last week with warm temps and rain! One more weekend of operations and then let the hogging of snow begin!

Joel

Big Grin Can't happen soon enough for me!!

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 8:50 Quote
We have our trail crew pretty much hired. Operationally we are pretty much there as well.

Joel

bkchef2000 wrote:
Joel,

Are you going to be hiring people to help with the dig out / day to day operations? I realize that you are only running one lift but with the thought of massive crowds Im wondering about trail work, lift ops, food service and the like. And if these types of jobs are becoming available how would one go about applying? I know a large group of ready and willing cooks who would love to do some burger flipping and pizza making.

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 10:05 Quote
Stevenspass wrote:
We have our trail crew pretty much hired. Operationally we are pretty much there as well.

Joel

bkchef2000 wrote:
Joel,

What timeframe do you think you will open in?

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 12:01 Quote
Shooting for the end of June but will see what we can do with the snow...

Joel

J-Carmichael wrote:
Stevenspass wrote:

Joel

bkchef2000 wrote:
Joel,

What timeframe do you think you will open in?

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 14:23 Quote
Got up to do some riding Sunday and wow the stevens employees have made some great improvements from last years opening. Wookie was a little slimy up top but solid and fast the rest of the way down. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's to come

I do have a question, I can't help but notice there is no lift line at all I know every other chair now has bike racks but wats been the average number of people the last two weekends and is it enough to break even? Not that I want a crowded hill just want to see the park survive.

Posted: Jul 19, 2012 at 15:10 Quote
Bporter83 wrote:
Got up to do some riding Sunday and wow the stevens employees have made some great improvements from last years opening. Wookie was a little slimy up top but solid and fast the rest of the way down. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's to come

I do have a question, I can't help but notice there is no lift line at all I know every other chair now has bike racks but wats been the average number of people the last two weekends and is it enough to break even? Not that I want a crowded hill just want to see the park survive.

I chatted with the guy that works in the "bike shop" there... They are doing great from what I hear Smile

Posted: Jul 19, 2012 at 15:24 Quote
spahman wrote:
Bporter83 wrote:

I chatted with the guy that works in the "bike shop" there... They are doing great from what I hear Smile

I think that once they get some more trails going and maybe a couple more events next season the park will right up there with places like Mammoth and Northstar. All they need is a DJ/Jump park, and flowier DH line with jumps, and some the new intermediate line to going. I think a big make it or break it line with drops and big gaps will definitely get Stevens Pass' name out there as the new hot spot for the USA and NW. I just hope any trail built for the NW Cup stays open after the races.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014248
Mobile Version of Website