48 spline cranks

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
48 spline cranks
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
Flip the tool around, it should push/pull on of the arms off.

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
Do devices come with this tool?

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
Do devices come with this tool?

Naw but you don't really need it I ended buying a cheap one later on though

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 19:22 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:
same tool...
yea but how can you use an installer as an extractor?

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
Flip the tool around, it should push/pull on of the arms off.
No that dosn't work cause it doesn't attach to the crank in any way

Posted: Jun 28, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
Mine arent hard to take off or put back on. They actually try to remove themselves when riding sometimes. Blank Stare I dont like them.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 3:53 Quote
Actually for the redline devices I use an allen key to put them back on it's super easy

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:49 Quote
Hey,
I just got some gusset pigmy 48 splined cranks, but they did not come with a tool for installation. Do you think it would be ok to put them on with a block of wood and a hammer?
cheers

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 12:32 Quote
Yes, just do it carefully.

Posted: May 4, 2011 at 17:57 Quote
hey i had this problem as well nt with the cranks but with the sprcket my sprocket is attached to te spindle and i cant get it off and i think there is a nut but i cant seem to get it off any ideas on what I sould do?

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 13:54 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
They shouldn't be hard to remove at all. Grease the splines and spindle when you put them together to keep rust from forming and gumming up in there, and it should be all good. Like the guy before said, if you need extra removal power, loosen the bolt a few turns, then hit it with a hammer, with a block of wood between it and the bolt. Keep loosening the bolt and hitting it, should knock the spindle right out of the arm.

Do not do this as you will bugger the threads inside the spindle.

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 13:56 Quote
Dipsomaniac wrote:
Do not do this as you will bugger the threads inside the spindle.

Never had a problem with that, having owned more than one set of 48-spline cranks and several other kinds as well. If you loosen the bolt a few turns you retain thread contact between most of the threads. If the axle were aluminum, then you could conceivably tear the threads out, but you aren't going to damage a chromoly axle's threading doing what I described.

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 13:56 Quote
blackmarketMarco wrote:
hey i had this problem as well nt with the cranks but with the sprcket my sprocket is attached to te spindle and i cant get it off and i think there is a nut but i cant seem to get it off any ideas on what I sould do?

Post a pic of the back of the sprocket

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010764
Mobile Version of Website