Are Shimano M575 hydraulic disc brakes any good?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Are Shimano M575 hydraulic disc brakes any good?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 11:15 Quote
i need to know if these are good for dj and fr!

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
They feel nice lol

Haven't tried them out but I will be getting one for my DJ bike at some point, but not likely to be soon sorry.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
mikeyridesbikes wrote:
They feel nice lol

Haven't tried them out but I will be getting one for my DJ bike at some point, but not likely to be soon sorry.
it's ok, it's just because i'm getting a kona bass next year and i was wondering how good they are

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
ah nice one.

Have fun on it Salute

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
mikeyridesbikes wrote:
ah nice one.

Have fun on it Salute
thanks! im looking for ward to it!

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 at 23:06 Quote
idk if there the same as what my 07 rockymountain switch had but i would imagine they are very similar.
they got nice feel to them but they dont have quite enough power for a heavier rider lolz

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 8:31 Quote
RockYMountaiN-FlatlinE wrote:
idk if there the same as what my 07 rockymountain switch had but i would imagine they are very similar.
they got nice feel to them but they dont have quite enough power for a heavier rider lolz
well i'm not heavy(100 pounds) so nothing to worry about!lol

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
haha yay i was 180lbs when i had those brakes

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:23 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
haha yay i was 180lbs when i had those brakes
cool. when i get them ill probably be like 160.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
so your going to gain 60 lbs by time you get them.........wat you doing waiting 2 yrs??

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
theyre decent, if your buying the bass, or any bike that they are on then they will do you fine until you decide to upgrade. on the bass they come stock with 6in rotors so if you feel there isnt enough power you can put an 8in on the front and a 7in on the rear.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
so your going to gain 60 lbs by time you get them.........wat you doing waiting 2 yrs??
umm, pretty much. im 5 foot 5 now, and when i get her ill be around 6 foot. so around a year and a half.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 9:31 Quote
downhilljoker wrote:
theyre decent, if your buying the bass, or any bike that they are on then they will do you fine until you decide to upgrade. on the bass they come stock with 6in rotors so if you feel there isnt enough power you can put an 8in on the front and a 7in on the rear.
thanks for the tip.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
shimano normally make good disc brakes, but the M575 lack in power

a serious lack of stopping power...regardless of rotor size or setup

avoid, you are better off getting Elixir Rs or similar price point brakes

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011898
Mobile Version of Website