Are Shimano M575 hydraulic disc brakes any good?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Are Shimano M575 hydraulic disc brakes any good?
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
M575s are nearly half the price of Elixirs

For the same price you are looking at Juicy 3, or Hayes 9

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
RockYMountaiN-FlatlinE wrote:
so your going to gain 60 lbs by time you get them.........wat you doing waiting 2 yrs??
umm, pretty much. im 5 foot 4 now, and when i get her ill be around 6 foot. so around a year and a half.
growing 8 inches in 1.5 yrs doesnt happen taht often.........

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
the actual brake is 1/2 the price of the Elixir R brake (which comes complete)

but, by the time you add the disc brake rotor and disc brake mounting adapter - which are bought seperately to the pre-assembled brake caliper, hose and lever unit) its actually not much cheaper than the complete Elixir R (about 20%)

something nice with the Elixir R is that the price is fixed, regardless of disc rotor size, 160mm, 185mm or 203mm

with Shimano, you pay more for larger rotors

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
so your going to gain 60 lbs by time you get them.........wat you doing waiting 2 yrs??
umm, pretty much. im 5 foot 4 now, and when i get her ill be around 6 foot. so around a year and a half.
wow are you high you dont grow that much unless u only have 1 super massive growth spurt

FAIL

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 17:42 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

but, by the time you add the disc brake rotor and disc brake mounting adapter - which are bought seperately to the pre-assembled brake caliper, hose and lever unit) its actually not much cheaper than the complete Elixir R (about 20%)

something nice with the Elixir R is that the price is fixed, regardless of disc rotor size, 160mm, 185mm or 203mm

they come stock on the bass, so i was just wondering if they needed an immediate change

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
BoXXer-888 wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:

wow are you high you dont grow that much unless u only have 1 super massive growth spurt

FAIL
um, my dad was 6 feet tall when he was 12, so when im 13 or 14, im expect to be the same

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
leprechaun11 wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

they come stock on the bass, so i was just wondering if they needed an immediate change

If your bike shop is half decent then with the sale you can select another set of breaks and have thouse put on instead, and they will give you a partial refund for the brakes that come off the bike. This must happen at the time of sale though as once the bike is used they wont refund the stock brakes.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 21:09 Quote
downhilljoker wrote:
leprechaun11 wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:

If your bike shop is half decent then with the sale you can select another set of breaks and have thouse put on instead, and they will give you a partial refund for the brakes that come off the bike. This must happen at the time of sale though as once the bike is used they wont refund the stock brakes.
probably getting it used, as it's about $600 cheaper Cry but my bike shop would do that.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Ok I see, you win Razz

I do like Elixirs though Big Grin . And will be getting an M575 for my DJ bike (eventually)

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 19:40 Quote
its been a year, are you 6 foot yet? Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 20:31 Quote
NathanBooth wrote:
no, 5 6

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 8:23 Quote
high-voltage-films wrote:
NathanBooth wrote:
no, 5 6
ha sucka im 6' =S but im 18 at 13 i was only 5'8" i think o.O

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 21:38 Quote
haha i'm just over 6 and i'm 15 and a half.

Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 21:43 Quote
NathanBooth wrote:
haha i'm just over 6 and i'm 15 and a half.
lolz tup my regular cab mini is a tad uncomfy Frown they not meant for any kind of tall person hahaha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016927
Mobile Version of Website