DJ Cranks

• Previous Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
I need a new set of cranks, & im just wondering what cranks people are using for dirt jumping, budget off £150-£200 & bb is euro, for mtb 26 inch can anyone recommend any good cranks?

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
you do NOT need that much money for cranks. 250$CAD MAX.get some demolition medial lites.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
Spiby wrote:
I need a new set of cranks, & im just wondering what cranks people are using for dirt jumping, budget off £150-£200 & bb is euro, for mtb 26 inch can anyone recommend any good cranks?

primo hollowbites, redline device, wtp royal, demo medial 2.0. profiles add a bling factor.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 5:05 Quote
Profiles or primos

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 5:13 Quote
profile dj cranks

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 5:19 Quote
go for shimano or raceface, stick to a good strong mtb crank dont get bmx ones, there flimzly and wont feel firm or strong..

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:19 Quote
safeer wrote:
go for shimano or raceface, stick to a good strong mtb crank dont get bmx ones, there flimzly and wont feel firm or strong..

lol, wtf are you talking about.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:23 Quote
I have to wonder the same thing, I don't land very smooth and I can't say I've ever felt my "flimsy" BMX cranks flex once.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:24 Quote
getting good quality,expensive bmx style cranks often work well however there are so many bmx style cranks out there that fail

most of all there just a trend.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:26 Quote
Most BMX cranks are Waaaaaay stiffer and stronger than MTB cranks....

Profiles are pretty mint, but I know people who have been riding Hollowbites and other primo's for years with no trouble...

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:27 Quote
jessejones wrote:
Most BMX cranks are Waaaaaay stiffer and stronger than MTB cranks....

Profiles are pretty mint, but I know people who have been riding Hollowbites and other primo's for years with no trouble...

personal referance i guess, i just wouldnt get them for the trend factor

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:31 Quote
You get what you pay for... There's no trend about having profiles or hollowbites... Lots of people have them because they are good cranks with good customer service and warranty... And not meaning to be a dick but how can you say anything about trend when you ride an NS?!

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:33 Quote
jessejones wrote:
You get what you pay for... There's no trend about having profiles or hollowbites... Lots of people have them because they are good cranks with good customer service and warranty... And not meaning to be a dick but how can you say anything about trend when you ride an NS?!

i dont ride an ns anymore... i admit it that was a trend, and a bad one the build quality on the suburban was apauling, but bmx style parts on mtb are simply a trend, maybe not with the cranks, but getting bmx stems with 3'rise bars and slammed bmx seats its all just a big trend and people follow it blindly

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:39 Quote
take a look at the deity vandetta cranks i have a set and like em allot

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:40 Quote
Yeah fair do's, the banshee is lookin pretty sick!

In all honesty i bought a bmx stem because it looked cool and weighed a shed load less than any other mtb i could find...

But back on topic!

I used to run saints on my old bike and they were just to big and clumsy of me... Look at Gusset's pigmy's to, Pretty much the same as profiles but alot cheaper and still pretty robust!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011166
Mobile Version of Website