G-sport pleg L.E review!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
G-sport pleg L.E review!
Previous Page |
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 9:55 Quote
alright im about to give you the low down on the new g sport plegs.

i bought them off dans comp for 30 bucks which was a little pricey. ive had a few people ask me to do a reveiw on them, so herer it is!

So i went out for a solid days grinding. i grinded high rough concrete ledges(which would have been ungrindable) and they slid fine. later on i went to a waxed low concrete ledge and was able to lock into feeble -smiths. after that i went to a marble ledge it literaly felt like i was spedding up on feebles!these pegs are unbelivably fast on concrete, however the were almost slow on steel!

these pegs are going to allow you to grind just about anything. there fairly tough as far as breaking resistance goes aswell (i was doing some heavy peg chinc's etc...)
the problem is how fast they wear for the price. the pictures below are from 1 days riding(however all i did was grinds that day so probably abour 3-4 days worth of grinding on a regular day).

if i were to give these pegs a rating id give them:
looks-10-10
price~quality-5/10
overall-a solid 7/10

if you feel that you mainly ride waxed or marble ledges id get them but if you like to grind hack ledges i would not recoment them.

feel free to ask questions or comment!!
thanks,
mike

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 10:04 Quote
Cool i thought they would break up early, tell me how they run after a week! lol.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
I would just run one up front for smiths, because you can normally just go faster for longer feebles on a rough ledge, but for smiths you can catch pretty easy if you go to fast. Sweet reveiw. Wish everyone would do this.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
I would just run one up front for smiths, because you can normally just go faster for longer feebles on a rough ledge, but for smiths you can catch pretty easy if you go to fast. Sweet reveiw. Wish everyone would do this.

ya thats probably the better idea, and thanks

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
Good review Big Grin

Metal pegs for life.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 23:48 Quote
I'm totally in with the pleg up front and something metal in the rear.

My (black) pleg has only hung up on me in one spot, and I can't quite narrow it to the pleg, but I have my suspicions. And yes, its on a steel rail at a park. I haven't had problems with it at other parks though.

I'll be ordering myself a LE PLeg soon Big Grin

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 2:33 Quote
Good review, although i'm sure metal pegs wouldnt look brand new after a day of riding, so dont let it give you the wrong impression because they hold up fine.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 2:58 Quote
Nice review. When I ran these I found it tough to turn them quick enough and actually ended up snapping one. So for example I'd go for a long session one day, take a look at my back pleg in the evening and it seemed like there wasn't enough wear to justify turning it. So keep them it the same place the next day but by about half way through a second day's riding there was loads of wear from feebs on concrete etc. and I'm too lazy to turn it and I snapped it giving fakie feebles a go! How to kill a pleg in a weekend...

I run metal pegs again now. They seem just as fast on metal as the op said, and you don't need to worry about turning them so often or even snapping them.

G-sport makes clear they're not for everyone, and I'd only recommend these if you don't grind a whole lot and you mainly grind smooth stuff.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 8:20 Quote
bbchaparral wrote:
Nice review. When I ran these I found it tough to turn them quick enough and actually ended up snapping one. So for example I'd go for a long session one day, take a look at my back pleg in the evening and it seemed like there wasn't enough wear to justify turning it. So keep them it the same place the next day but by about half way through a second day's riding there was loads of wear from feebs on concrete etc. and I'm too lazy to turn it and I snapped it giving fakie feebles a go! How to kill a pleg in a weekend...

I run metal pegs again now. They seem just as fast on metal as the op said, and you don't need to worry about turning them so often or even snapping them.

G-sport makes clear they're not for everyone, and I'd only recommend these if you don't grind a whole lot and you mainly grind smooth stuff.

ya i have a feeling the rear one might snap, and it hasnt broken on me yet (i was trying fakie feeble for a while?. do you know if you can send them back to g sport?

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 11:13 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
bbchaparral wrote:

ya i have a feeling the rear one might snap, and it hasnt broken on me yet (i was trying fakie feeble for a while?. do you know if you can send them back to g sport?

Mate I doubt it. Mainly because of the warnings that George French gave like "These aren't for everyone" and "If you try to snap them you will". Plus they're pretty cheap so I don't think there'd be a warranty.

Off topic but nice gold ltf. I have one too Razz .

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
Hi - does anyone know what the internal diameter of these pegs is?

Demolition Dumbchuck plastic pegs have an aluminium core, which (according to a quick web search) has a 35mm OD. But you can't get replacement plastic sleeves for them.

It would be great if the G-sport pleg sleeves fitted on the Demolition cores - then there'd be no chance of flexing or snapping the peg.

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
No chance. The sleeves would have to be press fitted. Don't think about retrofitting plastic onto an aluminum core unless you have the tools to
a.) Melt it and shape it
b.) Make a tube of it and press fit it.

The inner diameter of the pleg ranges. Its skinny at the outside edge and thicker near the center for support.

As for the metal insert, I've had luck banging a 19mm 6point socket in there. Anything smaller will work.

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
I had a set of G Sport plegs, I got rid of them. You are gunna have to constantly rotate them so they wear even. If not they just snap.

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
Jaxr0 wrote:
I had a set of G Sport plegs, I got rid of them. You are gunna have to constantly rotate them so they wear even. If not they just snap.
Perhaps if your sole mission in BMX is to grind rough concrete ledges (They don't wear down that quickly on rails). I find that when I grind a lot, I need to rotate them maybe once every other session.

(I do have a metal peg on back, which would wear quicker)

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015817
Mobile Version of Website