Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 10:25 Quote
What's the point of this thread again?

Oh right:
ledzeppie wrote:
Ok conservative christians, go ahead. Try and disprove evolution, something regarded as fact by the scientific community.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 10:27 Quote
Oh my god.

Islamic extremism has existed for hundreds of years, i cannot beleive you actually think that al Quaeda was created after the 91 gulf war...

You do realise that the Mujahadeen fight with Stinger and blowpipe missiles provided by the US and UK?

You do realise that the entire Ideal of Islamic extremism is based around the worldwide spread of Sharia law to preserve the "Good" of what should be?

You do realise that several hundred years ago, the Moorish armies reached within miles of the french/uk coast? had they succeeded, you wouldnt exist, by the looks of things, it could be a godsend.

I cannot believe you think it is "propaganda" that they fight for a religious Ideal, seriously, who has been feeding you this crap, it genuinely disturbs me that you think what you do.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 10:51 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Oh my god.

Islamic extremism has existed for hundreds of years, i cannot beleive you actually think that al Quaeda was created after the 91 gulf war...

You do realise that the Mujahadeen fight with Stinger and blowpipe missiles provided by the US and UK?

You do realise that the entire Ideal of Islamic extremism is based around the worldwide spread of Sharia law to preserve the "Good" of what should be?

You do realise that several hundred years ago, the Moorish armies reached within miles of the french/uk coast? had they succeeded, you wouldnt exist, by the looks of things, it could be a godsend.

I cannot believe you think it is "propaganda" that they fight for a religious Ideal, seriously, who has been feeding you this crap, it genuinely disturbs me that you think what you do.

Propaganda is: "a form of communication aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position." A religious ideal is therefore propaganda.

And "Islamic extremism"? Please. Which religion went on a holy crusade to retake the "Holy land"? If anything, say "Christian extremism" along with it. Also, this whole Sharia law thing is no different than the US spreading "democracy" through imperialism. They're forcing their laws on people who don't want to be subjugated.

And really, you don't need to start personally insulting me ("by the looks of things, it could be a godsend") shit. That's one of the main fallacies of argument, and it's called "Ad Hominem" or "Against the man". Notice how I am not calling you an ignorant cesspool of propaganda. Let's keep the debating clean, OK?

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 10:53 Quote
Debating relies on statements backed up by evidence, your statements have no evidence, nd are therefore assertions, whereas my statements are backed up by First, Testimonies from terrorist groups themselves, Second, Interpreted statements from the Qu'ran, and third, Historical evidence. therefore making them Arguments, not Assertions. I do study Critical thinking, therefore i FULLY understand the concept of Ad Hominem, But to be honest, if you are going to spout such foolish statements, i couldnt care less.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:02 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Debating relies on statements backed up by evidence, your statements have no evidence, nd are therefore assertions, whereas my statements are backed up by First, Testimonies from terrorist groups themselves, Second, Interpreted statements from the Qu'ran, and third, Historical evidence. therefore making them Arguments, not Assertions. I do study Critical thinking, therefore i FULLY understand the concept of Ad Hominem, But to be honest, if you are going to spout such foolish statements, i couldnt care less.

It's not the evidence itself that's in question right now, it's the interpretation...we're not trying to unearth some obscure fact to back up our case, we're trying to synthesize hypotheses and MAKE ASSERTIONS. Facts rarely lead to one and only one conclusion, particularly when it comes to history.

But do you think that it is right that the US should take over other countries?

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:04 Quote
Name one Country that the US has Genuinely taken over, Iraq now has a government in place, Afghanistan Also has a government in place, how effective they are is very questionable, but that is to do with public instability and the fact that due to the tribal nature of these countries, it is often completely disregarded that the government exists.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
Of course Islamic extremists are mad at the world... I mean we took land and gave it to their enemies...

Like muttley mentioned this isn't a recent thing... Religious extremism has plagued the world for centuries... and yes the world was very close to being an Islamic nation had the french not stopped them from invading up through Spain.... The crusades believe it or not did play a vital role in advancing society... Yes it was terrible but it essentially destroyed serfdom and allowed for countries to become wealthy which allowed the renaissance which eventually turned into what we have today...

Again I'm not condoning the Christian Crusades just saying the world would be a whole lot different if they didn't exist.. A little off topic but the point is extremism has been around forever...

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
dude just face it. The "terrorists" were religiously motivated and even said so themselves.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:25 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
dude just face it. The "terrorists" were religiously motivated and even said so themselves.

The american soldiers say that they are fighting for their country and the glory of god. Religion just backs up all this shit.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:28 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

The american soldiers say that they are fighting for their country and the glory of god. Religion just backs up all this shit.

and the Americans are just as much terrorists in the middle east.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:30 Quote
You guys need to get a better person to teach you about religious issues and geopolitical problems, im sorry, but you have such misguided views.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:32 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

and the Americans are just as much terrorists in the middle east.

THANK YOU!!!!!! HE SEES THE TRUTH!

Look, I mean, if soldiers from the middle east invaded the US, bombed the shit out of everything and overthrew our government because some obscure extremist skinheads flew an airplane into one of their buildings, you would be royally pissed. Especially if they purposefully bombed your sister's wedding (has happened). You might even become...a TERRORIST Eek

But no, you wouldn't call yourself that, you'd say you were fighting for the freedom of your country. Salute

But no one seems to understand this. Wow, that prop' is pretty good.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:34 Quote
Im not doubting that the war on terrorism isnt being fought innapropriately, but the way it would have to be fought to make some form of victory, is FAR more controversial and "Worse" than how it is being fought now.

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 12:53 Quote
bigquotesYou live 6000 miles away from the US, so what would you know about living here?
Salute

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 12:55 Quote
You live 6000 miles away from the reality of the situation, what would you know about other issues on the planet apart from why you dont think your burger is big enough.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011219
Mobile Version of Website