Post your SAnta cruz driver 8.

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Post your SAnta cruz driver 8.
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 13:55 Quote
Hey guys i got a mechanical question.

I just finished building a brand new medium driver 8. The frame came stalk with a vivid 5.1 and a 500lb spring. with gear I am about 182lb, ( which according to the santa cruz site, is way to light for that spring), however I am getting the proper sag on it.

I have no experience tuning the vivid. I ride the north shore ( seymour mostly) and whistler. And i want max small bump sensitivity without bottoming out or getting bucked off launching off A Line. Any suggestions as to a good starting set up for the shock? ie # of clicks for compression, and rebound?

thanks for any tips or suggestions!

oh ya and here's ma new baby Big Grin
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8125661/

Posted: May 29, 2012 at 13:25 Quote
hey guys im thinking about picking up a driver 8 for my new dh bike, how do those of you with dual crowns like it? does it eat ruff stuff like dh sled or is it much more jump friendly?

Posted: May 29, 2012 at 17:32 Quote
funumbulum wrote:
hey guys im thinking about picking up a driver 8 for my new dh bike, how do those of you with dual crowns like it? does it eat ruff stuff like dh sled or is it much more jump friendly?

I like mine with my fox 40's on it. seems to eat up everything I can throw at it and still jumps fine. It feels balanced with a dual crown, and for me slackened 1.5 degrees.

Rode my friends v10 and I like my driver 8 more, but that was mostly for jumping.

Posted: Sep 17, 2012 at 16:46 Quote
my bike
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i47.tinypic.com/35bs0lj.jpg

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 3:58 Quote
Quite like the look of these, Might keep my eye out for one Smile
Anyone have an idea what a decent spec one is selling for in the UK cant seem to find any for sale.

Posted: Nov 10, 2012 at 9:06 Quote
@ jackm92 if you're still looking for a driver8, I know where to find some in france, for 1450 pounds.
just where i bought mine, in a bike rental in ski/mtb resort Les deux alpes...

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 4:34 Quote
i'm torn between driver 8 and intense 951.
any comparison?
which one should i get?

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 at 15:42 Quote
It depends. If you are racing a lot of courses that call for 8 inches of dialed travel, and thats strictly what are doing, than I would say a 951. Its a lighter more race focused frame than the Driver.

If your just looking to slay trails and race on your leisure, I think the Driver 8 is a better choice. Its inherently more "tough" than the intense and is meant to last more than just one racing season. Its more of a park bike.

Of course, the Santa Cruz will run you a bit more heavy than the intense, so I guess it really all depends on your personal preference.

Posted: Dec 30, 2012 at 22:01 Quote
sorry to bring back an ancient thread, but I was wondering if anyone ever had an issue fitting the rear wheel in the rear spacing smoothly. It usually goes in with some elbow grease and its usually not a problem, but its still a bit annoying trying to get it on and off. Anyone else have this problem.

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 19:29 Quote
D-ponko wrote:
It depends. If you are racing a lot of courses that call for 8 inches of dialed travel, and thats strictly what are doing, than I would say a 951. Its a lighter more race focused frame than the Driver.

If your just looking to slay trails and race on your leisure, I think the Driver 8 is a better choice. Its inherently more "tough" than the intense and is meant to last more than just one racing season. Its more of a park bike.

Of course, the Santa Cruz will run you a bit more heavy than the intense, so I guess it really all depends on your personal preference.

atleast now i know their difference. I'm still torn which to get.

Thanks much!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006996
Mobile Version of Website