Race Face cranks Evolve or Ride?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Race Face cranks Evolve or Ride?
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 16:46 Quote
i'd get evolve dh, i run race face ride dh and they're bent after a month or 2 of riding (i rid everday), if you look at my pics, i'm not crazy good, so you're probably better then me, so go the evolve dh
hope that helps

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 16:48 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
yep, no 83mm bb, its for my six

how much you weigh david?

145. I'm a skinny guy. You want the explanation for the bent arm (and bent 5050 spindle)?

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:00 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
shondo wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
i had heard that Hone is just about the same as LX?

It is the exact same crank as the LX, except that they have pedal inserts and I believe that the ring material is a diff. grade. The weight with the bash and 2 was 933 on my kitchen scale if I remember.
It's still Hollowtech technology, at a good price.

The Hone also has a beefed up spider and has less material forged out of the inside cross section (They are hollow-forged). It your weights are correct I can't figure out for the life of me wy the hone would be lighter. I couldn't find any numbers i was satisfied with on a quick search. Shimano does have the Hone being 1g heavier at 928g (175mm with 3 rings). Hones would be SWEET if you can swing em' and don't have an 83mm bb.

Well that weight was on the kitchen scale, and out of my memory, and now that I think of it may or may not have incl. the BB. So in short, those numbers aren't worth shit. sorry. But......they're pretty light nonetheless. Sturdy too.

Cheap
Light(ish)
Sturdy

A rare combo.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:01 Quote
haha, yeah, sounds like itd be a good story :-) esp since im 180...

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:03 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
haha, yeah, sounds like itd be a good story :-) esp since im 180...

Meh........I go 250 + body armor.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:04 Quote
yeah, used to be there, kinda odd, i never thought i was that big, until i lost 50 lbs... :-)

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:15 Quote
Well I went off a mid-sized drop. Nothing crazy but it was a fast drop that sends you cooking out into a left-sloping off camber roller to a right-sloping off camber roller. It was a pretty easy flowy section that I loved. Usually I just pump the rollers and I'm good. Of course for every 50 times you do something routine there will be at least one retarded go. I went off the drop, lost it over the first roller, and went off left into a tree. I shouldered the tree and it wasn't really a big deal as far as that's concerned. Best I can guess my foot was hanging off the back of the non-driveside pedal. I had just enough toe on the pedal to keep it level and that arm forward. The pedal nailed the tree right as I shouldered it and bent the Evolve DH arm and 5050 spindle out. It broke the 5050 body, and demolished the bearings. It was kind of a freak accident. RF sounded genuinely surprised. It took a chunk out of that tree too.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 17:44 Quote
lol, hope you were fine! I can kinda understand that :-)

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 1:04 Quote
How do you guys get the crank for $100.00 i paid $150.00 plus ship. Raceface Evolve EC.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 6:21 Quote
Someone please suspend this goofball

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 7:37 Quote
It's time for a weasel stompin'.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 12:32 Quote
lol, and yeah, i and to the cast pewter weasel, if you look hard enough, you can find anything :-) evolve dh 99$ :-)

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 23:58 Quote
Like i said if you cant put on the crank let the mecanic do it for you Two-Face

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 0:02 Quote
RACEFACE RULES.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015536
Mobile Version of Website