Hack Bottle Rocket Build?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Hack Bottle Rocket Build?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:12 Quote
ok, since i don`t have the dough to get a full build kit I am planning on buying just the bottle rocket frame with a dhx 5.0 and also a tbc chainguide, revolution wheelset, and pedals directly from transition. I will buy my friend`s hardly used 55 r and use the rest of the parts from my current bike. the rest of the spec will include:

(All 06)
FSA pig 1.5 headset
hussafelt bars and stem
truvative ruktion cranks with brand new howitzer BB (already measured and it will work)
sram x.5 derailer and shifter with sram 8 speed cassette (funny how it's not supposed to work but it does perfectly)
e.13 chainring
sdg belair seat and post
front brand new juicy 3 and rear old hayes 9

so this is my plan, any comments or criticisms would be appreciated

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
Fox Talas for fork. Either Juicy 7 brakes or Elixers, or shimano.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
spiritofthewolf wrote:
Fox Talas for fork. Either Juicy 7 brakes or Elixers, or shimano.

note the "not enough for full build kit". i was planning on getting all that stuff but my source of income kind of fell through and now i have to take all my old parts from my current bike hence "Hack".

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
that build will be good for now. i would just suggest that you do not buy the transition guide or the pedals. you can get lighter, better pedals/guides cheaper.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
that build will be good for now. i would just suggest that you do not buy the transition guide or the pedals. you can get lighter, better pedals/guides cheaper.

actually no i cant get anything for cheaper cuz i am on the grassroots team and weight is not an issue at this stage of the game.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

actually no i cant get anything for cheaper cuz i am on the grassroots team and weight is not an issue at this stage of the game.

alright, but there are ALOT of better options out there.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
The Transition pedals grip like no other with Five Tens.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
spiritofthewolf wrote:
The Transition pedals grip like no other with Five Tens.

any pedals do with 5 10s.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
pedals are pedals too me, i have been using the same stock wellgo ones for 3 years and could not be happier.

please keep on topic

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
i cannot stand hayes nine brakes, but thats just me.
everything else seems solid. I like the "ride it till it breaks then replace it" system, seems to work pretty well, keeps you on a budget and you will slowly but surely make improvements all around.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
epoit wrote:
i cannot stand hayes nine brakes, but thats just me.
everything else seems solid. I like the "ride it till it breaks then replace it" system, seems to work pretty well, keeps you on a budget and you will slowly but surely make improvements all around.

I cant stand it either but my front brake line blew out last season so i was riding with just a back brake for a bit and was dyeing on dh trails and it was just as much to get a juicy 3 than it would be to replace the brake line so thats why i have 2 different brakes now.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
any more opinions? comments?

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 10:17 Quote
the tbc stepdown pedals are amazing! just curious since your sponsored by tbc, how much does the revolution wheelset cost for you? and since u are taking those components off the ojiki what is happening to that bike? i think your build is good for now, once u get a job in time u can upgrade but for now lets just ride and have fun.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
Stupid question, but does the 55 your getting have an 1.5 steertube? kool if it does, get a reducer headset if it doesn't

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009431
Mobile Version of Website