2008 norco shore

PB Forum :: Norco
2008 norco shore
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
thanks for all your comments on a norco six but I got an 07 coiler now, for only £700 ex-rental, and it's a beast.

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 3:51 Quote
hey guys i was looking at geting the 08 norco shore 3 or the six3 what one would you get for D-H raceing and maybe some freeridein

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
norcoliver wrote:
hey guys i was looking at geting the 08 norco shore 3 or the six3 what one would you get for D-H raceing and maybe some freeridein

That depends on what type of riding you enjoy. The 6 is a more nimble bike that will be easier to ride on wood skinnys and on small gap jumps and tight trails.

The shore is a little heavier, responds a bit slower, but you can plow through rough stuff, rock gardens and big drops without having to be as smooth. Basically, if you're a really good smooth rider, go for the six, if you're a bit timid, a little rough and want an extra bit of cushion, go for the shore.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
i am trying to decide between a sx trail and the 08 shore one or two ... what do ya think.

Posted: Jun 10, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
i'm torn between getting a shore or a faith, and i was wondering if you could flip the rocker arms on the shore to slightly change the geometries of the frame (like you can do to the faith). probably be usin a 66 with whichever one i get if that makes a difference. let me know what you think.

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
mbakker wrote:
jonathancole wrote:
beaterhard wrote:

From norcos website, the shore 3 has powder coat too. ONly the shore 1 has and anodized finish

From my bike room, the Shore 3 certainly looks anodized. Unless they're using some new magical powdercoat that looks just like an anodized finish. The website also states that the Shore 2 comes with a Marz 66rv fork, which it does not.

The Shore 1 is the only one with ano finish. Shore 2 and 3 are powder coat.
Sorry but I work at a shop I have already seen 2 shore ones sold, 1 shore 2, and we have 3 shore 3's , the shore 3 is anodized , it is anodized brown, the only one that is not anodized is the 2 witch is a glossy green. Trust me the 3 is anodized.

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 3:39 Quote
stankiec wrote:
mbakker wrote:
jonathancole wrote:

From my bike room, the Shore 3 certainly looks anodized. Unless they're using some new magical powdercoat that looks just like an anodized finish. The website also states that the Shore 2 comes with a Marz 66rv fork, which it does not.

The Shore 1 is the only one with ano finish. Shore 2 and 3 are powder coat.
Sorry but I work at a shop I have already seen 2 shore ones sold, 1 shore 2, and we have 3 shore 3's , the shore 3 is anodized , it is anodized brown, the only one that is not anodized is the 2 witch is a glossy green. Trust me the 3 is anodized.

"Rootbeer"

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
I'm thinking of getting a Norco Shore. Though I'm not sure whether to go for the Shore 3 or Shore 2.

Is the spec difference going to make much of a difference to a fairly average rider (I'd say I'm average to moderate)?

Also, in general how to they ride for freeriding and dh'y stuff?

Thanks Smile

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 4:51 Quote
Actually, the Domain on the Shore 3, which one is it? Is it the 318 or the 302?

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 5:02 Quote
The Shore 2 is a great deal. You're spending roughly $550 more but get the same rims as the team dh, great brakes, the fork is a 66rcv, not a rc as stated, and the rcv works really well.

Once you dial in the suspension to your liking, the bike can do everything you need it to. I ditched the front derailer, granny gear and blackspire stinger chainguide and added an inner bash guard/blackspire outer guard.

Swapped over to maxxis single ply 2.35" minion tires and ghetto tubeless conversion. Bike weighs in at just a hair over 35lbs. Planning on swapping out the dhx3 for a roco air shock which will take another pound off. All in all that is a pretty light bike with 7" travel that I have never bottomed out despite riding whistler, the north shore and the woodlot frequently.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 5:12 Quote
jonathancole wrote:
The Shore 2 is a great deal. You're spending roughly $550 more but get the same rims as the team dh, great brakes, the fork is a 66rcv, not a rc as stated, and the rcv works really well.

Once you dial in the suspension to your liking, the bike can do everything you need it to. I ditched the front derailer, granny gear and blackspire stinger chainguide and added an inner bash guard/blackspire outer guard.

Swapped over to maxxis single ply 2.35" minion tires and ghetto tubeless conversion. Bike weighs in at just a hair over 35lbs. Planning on swapping out the dhx3 for a roco air shock which will take another pound off. All in all that is a pretty light bike with 7" travel that I have never bottomed out despite riding whistler, the north shore and the woodlot frequently.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for Smile

I was looking at the Shore 3 specs again and decided I might as well save up the extra money and go for the Shore 2, as I'd only end up spending more money on the 3 (HATE Shimano transmissions).

What's the difference between RC and RCV? (I've got a 05 66RC on my VP-Free, but it's the first zocchi fork I've ridden, and before anyone says anything about the VP-Free being great, I can't deal with the extreme maintenance).

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
Bolmy wrote:
jonathancole wrote:

I was looking at the Shore 3 specs again and decided I might as well save up the extra money and go for the Shore 2, as I'd only end up spending more money on the 3 (HATE Shimano transmissions).

What's the difference between RC and RCV? (I've got a 05 66RC on my VP-Free, but it's the first zocchi fork I've ridden, and before anyone says anything about the VP-Free being great, I can't deal with the extreme maintenance).

66rv = rebound adjust and air assist spring preload

66rcv = rebound & compression (plus actual compression damping, not just a speed sensitive valve) and air preload. My friend bottoms out his 66rv all the time at whistler and riding drops and things at the shore, even after having it checked and serviced. My rcv feels every bit as soft as his but has never bottomed out.

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 3:00 Quote
jonathancole wrote:
Bolmy wrote:
jonathancole wrote:

66rv = rebound adjust and air assist spring preload

66rcv = rebound & compression (plus actual compression damping, not just a speed sensitive valve) and air preload. My friend bottoms out his 66rv all the time at whistler and riding drops and things at the shore, even after having it checked and serviced. My rcv feels every bit as soft as his but has never bottomed out.

Oh cool. That's great then XD Thanks Smile

Posted: Jul 2, 2010 at 11:49 Quote
The shore 2 2008 is amazing. And even though it is powdercoat, it will take any park trails and local trails.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.314812
Mobile Version of Website