Sette Vexx DH Frame......Any good?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Sette Vexx DH Frame......Any good?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 12:22 Quote
Hey guys. I've been looking for a new DH frame and I came across the Sette Vexx (available at Pricepoint.com) Does anyone know if this is a decent frame? I've done some google research and I guess its the same as the Fezzari Widows Peak DH frame. I would appreciate any help, thanks!

Here is a link to the frame: http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/19498-175_SETVX9-3-Parts-60-Frames/Sette-Vexx-DH-Frame-W_Rockshox-Vivid-4.1.htm

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
wow i didnt know sette had a DH bike, that thing actually looks really nice. for $900 i would say thats a great deal (vivid shock alone is worth $400). only issue i could thing of would be a steep head angle (66 degrees) but you can easily fix that by raising your crowns.

and if its the same as the widows peak frame, then yeah, its nice, those fezzari bikes are sick.

I would say give it a try.

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
crash23 wrote:
wow i didnt know sette had a DH bike, that thing actually looks really nice. for $900 i would say thats a great deal (vivid shock alone is worth $400). only issue i could thing of would be a steep head angle (66 degrees) but you can easily fix that by raising your crowns.

and if its the same as the widows peak frame, then yeah, its nice, those fezzari bikes are sick.

Thanks a lot man. I guess I'm going to have to start saving my pennies.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
yeah im lookin at them too, they look sick, looks better than my yakuza

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
same frame as the Kraftstoff d1?

http://www.kraftstoff-bikes.com/04a4c69b3f0f5a001/04a4c69b3f0fd8733/04a4c69b3f0fddc35/index.html

looks swish anyways

Posted: Aug 8, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
theo-sx-boy wrote:
same frame as the Kraftstoff d1?

http://www.kraftstoff-bikes.com/04a4c69b3f0f5a001/04a4c69b3f0fd8733/04a4c69b3f0fddc35/index.html

looks swish anyways
iv never heard of that bike either haha

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
They are made by the same Taiwaneese company that make the entire line of KHS. I found a link to their website somehow. So at least you should know the build quality is up to par. I have reccomended this frame to some of my monetarily challenged friends.

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
basically one large company makes a whole bunch of unmarked frames, and sells em off to different companies where they name them and pain them for there brand. like the khs lucky 7 and the azonic b52 are the same frame, but are sold by 2 different companies. i would not worry about quality with them, but i have no idea how they ride. i wouldent expect it to rival a demo or a v10, but i would roather have one than a base model stinky or a big hit frame. looks like a good price for a good frame.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
crash23 wrote:

Just a heads up, it's not the exact same as the Fezzari. The Fezzari is a tad slacker (65 degree HA vs 66) and lower (14.25 BBH vs. 14.5). Supposedly has a tweaked linkage too...

I think what the other guy said is right though. Most likely doesn't have any quality issues, but it can't be expected to ride as well as a V10, etc. It would be just fine for the majority of riders though.

Anyone have any riding time on one?

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 5:52 Quote
Looks just like a Tomac....

FL
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 7:16 Quote
cannondale4567 wrote:
Hey guys. I've been looking for a new DH frame and I came across the Sette Vexx (available at Pricepoint.com) Does anyone know if this is a decent frame? I've done some google research and I guess its the same as the Fezzari Widows Peak DH frame. I would appreciate any help, thanks!

Here is a link to the frame: http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/19498-175_SETVX9-3-Parts-60-Frames/Sette-Vexx-DH-Frame-W_Rockshox-Vivid-4.1.htm

photo
it the same frame and i like my one Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 7:18 Quote
steveo-dh wrote:
cannondale4567 wrote:

photo

damm dude, nice ride, how does it feel and handle?

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 5:37 Quote
sfrider wrote:
steveo-dh wrote:
cannondale4567 wrote:

photo

its good easy to jump and easy to pedal. the only issue is a steep head angle (66 degrees) but am going to get k-9 head angle reducers cups to make it 64 degrees Smile

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
steveo-dh wrote:
sfrider wrote:
steveo-dh wrote:

photo

its good easy to jump and easy to pedal. the only issue is a steep head angle (66 degrees) but am going to get k-9 head angle reducers cups to make it 64 degrees Smile

so is it pretty good for dh racing

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020705
Mobile Version of Website