Drummers Unite!!!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Drummers Unite!!!
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:01 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
I dunno what my kits manufactured by but its a standard 10 peice with Crash, Ride/Crash and a lovely sounding Ride which isnt actually mine. Sounds Brill.

Got these pedals: http://www.rockfactory.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=dbp-E004
They give the Beefiest sound ever!

I got taught for a year by Chris Maitland

http://www.chrismaitland.com/

He's in my opinion a very inspirational drummer. My first ever set of sticks were from him. I still use them. Theyre very strong and jsut perfect for the drumming i do!

He's an Idol for me.

Also my Fave Drummer is Daniel Erlandsson from Arch Enemy. His drumming is so intense and uses barely any triggers or effects when recording. Great Drummer

Whos your faves?

how do you still have the same sticks, ive broken 3 pair this week? but yea i think my favorites are chris adler and dave lambardo

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:04 Quote
My fav drummers are Mike Portnoy, Vinnie Paul, Chris Adler, Brady Blade, and Dom Famularo (went to a clinic with him and Brady.... wow... amazing)

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:05 Quote
yea mike portnoy is god like

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:11 Quote
photo

Ok here's my set.

Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage Nouveau

2 x 22" x 17" Bass drums (Power Stroke 4 over Stock Head)
15" x 5" Snare with Gibraltar snare tensioner (Coated Controlled Sound over Hazy Snare Ambassador)
10" x 8" Tom (Clear Ambassador over Stock Reso)
12" x 9" Tom (Clear Ambassador over Stock Reso)
16" x 16" Floor Tom (Clear Ambassador over Stock Reso)

All Stands are Yamaha, two of them double braced, the rest single.

Yamaha Flying Dragon Double Pedal, split into two singles, strap driven.

14" Sabian B8 HiHat
18" Sabian Medium AA Crash
16" Sabian B8 Crash
14" Sabian B8 Crash
12" Sabian Medium AA Splash
18" Sabian B8 China
20" Sabian B8 Ride

Latin Percussion cowbell.

As far as my playing style goes, back this summer I was able to play a crap ton of stuff, mostly metal. To give an example I had most of Now You've Got Something to Die For down. Then with the move, I've only recently setup my drums, and I suck. I'm trying to get back into it. Thank god for winter. I plan to change all my cymbals to Medium AA's in the near future, but being a student and biker, cash is a little low.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:12 Quote
dtmoneyboi wrote:
haroman666 wrote:
I dunno what my kits manufactured by but its a standard 10 peice with Crash, Ride/Crash and a lovely sounding Ride which isnt actually mine. Sounds Brill.

Got these pedals: http://www.rockfactory.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=dbp-E004
They give the Beefiest sound ever!

I got taught for a year by Chris Maitland

http://www.chrismaitland.com/

He's in my opinion a very inspirational drummer. My first ever set of sticks were from him. I still use them. Theyre very strong and jsut perfect for the drumming i do!

He's an Idol for me.

Also my Fave Drummer is Daniel Erlandsson from Arch Enemy. His drumming is so intense and uses barely any triggers or effects when recording. Great Drummer

Whos your faves?

how do you still have the same sticks, ive broken 3 pair this week? but yea i think my favorites are chris adler and dave lambardo

Well I've played them really hard and they just keep going! All the other sticks ive had just snap. Theyre made by Shaw

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:15 Quote
damn dude thats good ill look into buying those, ive used almost everythng else

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:20 Quote
im playin rock for now, not really metal, but a steady beat nonetheless. good to see other drummers out in the bikin world!

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:23 Quote
here's my kit: http//www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=156847
i play pretty much anything, from jazz (mainly dave brubeck quartet stuff) up to lamb of god and killswitch engage

gretsch 4pc,
k custom dark ride
18" avedis med thin crash
14" avedis new beats
stagg china + splashes.

i've got a premier 14x4 brass piccillo as my main snare now and a k dark splash instead of the stagg one

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:26 Quote
just got a pearl target at the moment but i'm happy with it like evans genera g1 nd g2 skins and i have sabian AA medium crashes 16'' 19'' and a 22'' AA rock ride, and xs20 13'' hi hats

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:59 Quote
Favourite Drummers?

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 15:23 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
photo

15" x 5" Snare with Gibraltar snare tensioner (Coated Controlled Sound over Hazy Snare
!5 inch snare? Good lord that must be a beast. I'm looking for a 13 inch right now.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:17 Quote
Right now I've got a Basix kit I bought last year for 200 bucks. It's a standard 4pc? (snare high,low toms, floor tom, bass drum), some cheap high-hats that are warped, and a warped/cracked crash, all Evans skins. I play more guitar, but want to play drums in a band a couple of guys I know want to start. For christmas holidays I want to try and get new skins, a crash, high hats, and a ride and stand. I'd get pictures but I'd rather not hurt your guys' eyes.

-JayC.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 9:52 Quote
i play drums and guitar.. i have a little roland handsonic... but for this video i used bostons pizza napkins dispenser, the bench, and a red chilly container.. i was bored

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:10 Quote
i rawk a 69 ludwig a good friend o mine gave me. zildjian cymbals iron cobra bass pedal and hihat stand. aquarius heads on top.. remo on bottom loud and deepp..

i play some punk rawk... loud hard and fast. but im very versitile
favorite drummer?????? john bohnam and a few you probly havent heard of unless youre into the hard core bay area punk rawk scene

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014230
Mobile Version of Website