10 days in BC - advice on where to ride?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
10 days in BC - advice on where to ride?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:12 Quote
I'd really appreciate comments on where to spend 10 days riding in BC - Not Whistler though - we're going smack bang in the middle of Crankworx and we've been there already.

Hot on my list is Silverstar and Mt Washington bike parks.

We like to ride fast flowy downhill, technical single tracks, and north shore bridges.

Not too keen on dirt jumping.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
ive heard the nelson area has some sick trails hint... hint.... and kamloops, and kelowna are always worth the check, but if your heading more east check out panorama, and kicking horse for your ultimate downhill, rough, rugged experience.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
silverstar has everything to meet and exceed your criteria

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
well ive only ridden the whistler and the north shore so im gonna say the north shore cause youve already been to whitler. trails you NEED to hit up are neds atomic dustbin, cbc, both on mt seymour, mt fromme has upper and lower oilcan, air supply, pipeline, ladies only and bobsled, i warn you that you cant shuttle up frome, its all pedal power. you may know this but there are some really gnarly trails just out side of whistler up in pemberton, ive never ridden but i was talking to a local in whistler and say some trails are just ridiculus, the slowest you go is too fast. also if your in to really gnarly dh hit up mt.7 where they host the red bull psycosys race. hope i helpedBig Grin

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
Prefer lift access as we won't have a shuttle.

Panorama sounds good.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
If you are looking for a well maintained trails and a inexpensive lift pass, head down to Kicking Horse in Golden. I have been riding there for two years there and I am seeing great things, and it only seems to get better. 18min gondola ride gives you tons of ride time and is super easy on your bike.

Big Grin

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
blendo wrote:
If you are looking for a well maintained trails and a inexpensive lift pass, head down to Kicking Horse in Golden. I have been riding there for two years there and I am seeing great things, and it only seems to get better. 18min gondola ride gives you tons of ride time and is super easy on your bike.

Big Grin

silver star is considerably more maintained then kicking horse

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
its getting better

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
more maintained, but where else do you get such rugged terrain, and as she said she doesnt like to ride jumps, which kicking horse doesnt focus on, and in golden there is also the infamous mt.7 well worth the trip in my opinion, especially when panorama is only 2 hours away

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
well... if you have just started riding then Panorama is a better hill. I havent been there in a while because it is way faster to get to Kicking Horse from my house. Kicking Horse is okay for starters, but doesnt have the same amount of easier terrain as Pano.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
as i suggested before nelson and the eastern kooteneys would be best for riding in my opinion

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
Definately come check out some of the riding in the interior. Kelowna and kamloops have some wicked trails such as rio, gillard, postill etc. Hit up silverstar as well!!!

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
kamloops
mount 7 in golden and kicking horse
silver star

vancover
mt washington
panorama

these are the ones i can think of rate now

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 20:20 Quote
eatdirtsleepridens wrote:
more maintained, but where else do you get such rugged terrain, and as she said she doesnt like to ride jumps, which kicking horse doesnt focus on, and in golden there is also the infamous mt.7 well worth the trip in my opinion, especially when panorama is only 2 hours away
yes and the people that ride there might give you a shuttle up, i know there is one buisness that does shuttle to

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010329
Mobile Version of Website