10 days in BC - advice on where to ride?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
10 days in BC - advice on where to ride?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
umm i heard about a guy who used to shuttle up mt.7 but i heard from the local bike shop that he stopped, if your looking for fun just ride up the shuttle road to 3k or 5k and then go down, no need for a shuttle. Best part for begineers in my opinion

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 20:42 Quote
If your flying into vancouver international get a map, hit the north shore, then go to island and do mount washington, if you can fit sqaumish and pemberton in the next day, drive the back road through to kamloops theres tons of trails there and silverstar and sun peaks arent far.

if you have more time kicking horse and pano are cool

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 2:59 Quote
Thanks for everyone's input. It's been helpful.

We're leaning towards staying half the time at Silverstar and the rest at Kicking Horse. Would anyone recommend any other parks in the area over these two? Is 4-5 days at each of these parks enough time or too much? As it would be possible to fit in either Panorama or Sun Peaks.

Lift and easy access to trails is what we need for such a limited stay.

I'd love to do g-off7's plan, but maybe when we have more time.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 8:19 Quote
go 3 days at silver star 3 days a sun peaks 2 days at kicking horse and 2 days at panorama

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
Kicking horse and Panorama

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
Storo999 wrote:
have u ever rode silver star and sun peaks, they are better then kicking horse and panorama

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 8:34 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
Storo999 wrote:
have u ever rode silver star and sun peaks, they are better then kicking horse and panorama

Haha no i havnt. But Panorama is 15 minutes away from my cabin and kicking horse is like 2 hours.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
Storo999 wrote:
ratherberidin wrote:
Storo999 wrote:

Haha no i havnt. But Panorama is 15 minutes away from my cabin and kicking horse is like 2 hours.
if you ever get the chance go, because thier trils are amazing and at silver star they have a super ultra fast 6 man chair lift so that means less time waiting in lines even tho there is usally not a line up at silver star or sunpeaks

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
Siverstar is an amazing resort! the dirt is mint, and the jumps are super flowy. Very well maintained trails, and because the resort is not as "popular" there are very few brake bumps on the berms. I would highly reccommend a stay in SIlverstar.

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
blendo wrote:
its getting better
kicking horse nastyness is why i go there every year! its so much fun! but just watch the tire pressure! then go to silverstar n sunpeaks. everything else is wack

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 9:01 Quote
sun peaks in kamloops

Posted: Jul 10, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
definately skip Panorama, its pretty average. I would go Silverstar and the almighty Horse.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010718
Mobile Version of Website