Demo 8 II or trek session 88

PB Forum :: Downhill
Demo 8 II or trek session 88
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 1:08 Quote
hey guys wanted to ask what do you feel would be a better set up outta the box bike. I jus won some contest $$$ and wanted to get a full DH rig. Im also going to be in BC in 2 months going to surfing in TOFINO.. your in put would be great thanx for your time.. STAY STOKED

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 1:18 Quote
The Demo I rekon...
The Trek Session isnt a very tight handling bike

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 1:18 Quote
Id say get the demo. Ive heard the sessions break/dent rather easily.
They are both sick bikes though, you cant go wrong with either.

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 1:24 Quote
i would go for the demo, used to work in a specialized dealership n these bikes rock, practically bombproof, specialized also have a very good warrenty too, trek i think are having a few reliability issues.

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 1:28 Quote
thanx for the replys guys.. i also forgot to add that i jus want a bike that i can take outta the box and ride with out changing anything. thanx again

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 2:21 Quote
Session every day of the week. The demos are nice and handle really well though, and as mentioned before they're bomb proof. The session 88 "pinkbike denting" issue is amusing. It's a DH race bike. people want a light fast DH bike, yet they also want it to be Indestructable. Ain't gonna happen. The older Demos used to have some cracking issues... Lets start another "pinkbike quality issue"

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 2:25 Quote
haha haha . If you would made this thread about year ago when sam hill wasnt riding for specialized everyone would say specialized is shit, go for session, (actually a lot of people did it) And now when hill is riding wth specialized eveyones like yea bike handles great, bombproof etc, and about 6 months ago everyone was like specialized handles like shit, cant corner etc.
id say go for trek cos its lighter and no they dont break that fast, no i dont own one but my friends do, and no issues with them

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 2:31 Quote
variiis wrote:
haha haha . If you would made this thread about year ago when sam hill wasnt riding for specialized everyone would say specialized is shit, go for session, (actually a lot of people did it) And now when hill is riding wth specialized eveyones like yea bike handles great, bombproof etc, and about 6 months ago everyone was like specialized handles like shit, cant corner etc.
id say go for trek cos its lighter and no they dont break that fast, no i dont own one but my friends do, and no issues with them

Meh ive always liked Specialized lol.

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 2:34 Quote
Augury wrote:
variiis wrote:

single pivot what the hell? its some sort of floating linkage or something,
and trek has alwaays had great warranty, ive heard that some dude on pinkbike had broken session 10 and his broken session 10 was replaced by session 88.

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 2:36 Quote
variiis wrote:
Augury wrote:
variiis wrote:

single pivot what the hell? its some sort of floating linkage or something,
and trek has alwaays had great warranty, ive heard that some dude on pinkbike had broken session 10 and his broken session 10 was replaced by session 88.

Lol read again.. i deleted that 2 seconds after posting... its not even in your quote.
Its 3am here and my brains not functioning too well lmao.. i realized that they have a hidden pivot deal thing on the rear axel.

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 2:48 Quote
I hate bolth bikes but the lesser of the 2 evils would deffenitly be the specialized the session 88 has a 6 month term then your supposed to chuck the frame due to its rediculasly thin tubing also the trek has stupid amount of mark up and it has alot of in house built components which really do suck... And the sessions are having a ton of problems with denting and snapping... The demo isn't as good as a built out of box but the frame is primarily what I would be worried about for the time being components are fine on both bikes they will all break in time but the demo will kill the session in frame life.

Ryan

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 3:42 Quote
veet-88~

what do you suggest then something i can run straight outta the box. Since you say both bikes suck??

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 3:56 Quote
The glory DH has a super solid stock build anf the frame is by far superior to the demo and the session the frame is a bit heavier but will never fail you on the hill.

Ryan

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 3:59 Quote
funny i was going to say that bike you beat me to it..tup

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 4:26 Quote
gambler dh, its not as light as the trek but is so adjustable you can set it up for any track

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011082
Mobile Version of Website