scott voltage fr/shock lengths on first page.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
scott voltage fr/shock lengths on first page.
Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
My new 2015 Scott Voltage FR730 Specs Rockshox Lyrik RCT3 180mm travel - - Cane Creek DB Coil 9.5x3 170 190mm adjustable rear travel - - Hope Tech DH rear wheel with Hope Pro 4 hub - - E13 TRS front wheel - - Rockshox Reverb Dropper 150mm - - Shimano SLX brakes - - Shimano Zee 7-Speed shifter and derailleur Sram PG-720 11-25t cassette - - Truvativ Ruktion crankset 165mm - - Answer Rove FR Pedals - - Onza Greina DHC rear tire - - E13 TRS front tire - - WTB Volt saddle - - Spank Spike 50mm stem 35mm clamp - - Giant Connect Bars 780mm - - Wolf Tooth Silicone Grips Bar ends
My new 2015 Scott Voltage FR730 Specs Rockshox Lyrik RCT3 180mm travel - - Cane Creek DB Coil 9.5x3 170 190mm adjustable rear travel - - Hope Tech DH rear wheel with Hope Pro 4 hub - - E13 TRS front wheel - - Rockshox Reverb Dropper 150mm - - Shimano SLX brakes - - Shimano Zee 7-Speed shifter and derailleur Sram PG-720 11-25t cassette - - Truvativ Ruktion crankset 165mm - - Answer Rove FR Pedals - - Onza Greina DHC rear tire - - E13 TRS front tire - - WTB Volt saddle - - Spank Spike 50mm stem 35mm clamp - - Giant Connect Bars 780mm - - Wolf Tooth Silicone Grips Bar ends

My new 2015 Scott Voltage FR730! I plan on making a few small changes to it but so far I love it! I'm the 3rd owner, it has been pretty well taken care of and has lots of aftermarket parts. The 1st owner drilled a hole in the seat tube to route the dropper post internally, definitely not something I would do but it looks clean and hasn't caused any issues. I will update if it does cause issues later down the line.

Specs:
Rockshox Lyrik RCT3,180mm travel
Cane Creek DB Coil
Hope Tech DH 27.5" rear wheel with Hope Pro 4 hub
E13 TRS+ 27.5" front wheel
Rockshox Reverb Dropper, 150mm
Shimano SLX brakes
Shimano Zee 7-Speed shifter and derailleur
Sram PG-720 11-25t 7-speed cassette
Truvativ Ruktion crankset, 165mm
Answer Rove FR Pedals
Onza Greina DHC rear tire
E13 TRS+ front tire
WTB Volt saddle
Spank Spike stem, 50mm
Giant Connect Bars, 780mm
Wolf Tooth Silicone grips & bar ends

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
My 2011 Voltage

Upgraded the suspension to a Fox 36 160mm on the front with an Float X2 on the rear (in short travel for 160mm). Handles great with a 27.5 fork and with the +10mm dropouts, totally ready to accept 27.5 wheels when I finally get round to lacing some up.
The biggest handling change was after I installed a -2 degree angleset. slackened it out to 63-64 degrees which is just confidence inspiring on the downs.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
I've had this beast since new (2016) been riding a nomad 4 and now 5 for the past few years but decided to pull this thing out of the closet and put a few rowdy parts on it to make it into a mini DH bike
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
mbuts87 wrote:
I've had this beast since new (2016) been riding a nomad 4 and now 5 for the past few years but decided to pull this beast out and put a few rowdy parts on it to make it into a mini DH beast.

Looks sick, really clean looking build!

I've just bought a 2017 frame for really cheap and I have to say, I'm really impressed with quality of the frame. The voltage really is a fantastic gravity fun machine!

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 17:33 Quote
Pipaluk wrote:
mbuts87 wrote:
I've had this beast since new (2016) been riding a nomad 4 and now 5 for the past few years but decided to pull this beast out and put a few rowdy parts on it to make it into a mini DH beast.

I've just bought a 2017 frame for really cheap and I have to say, I'm really impressed with quality of the frame. The voltage really is a fantastic gravity fun machine!

Cheers. They are great bikes. I took it out today for a test on a local DH trail and it's sooooooooo different then it used to be with the old fox 36 & 27.5's and 64° HA. I think my HA is a bit to slack now. I worked out I am probably sitting at 60°. With the extra 20mm of travel from the boxxer and the red headset cups in at - 2°, my put the black ones back in to get me closer to 62°.It also feels to small for my now, reach is way to short . Don't even get me started on peddling haha. What's your plans for your new frame?

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 21:51 Quote
Hello, I just bought a 2011 Voltage for super cheap but it has a missing derailleur. I don't know much about the bike so does anyone know which derailleurs would fit on my bike? Alternatively, has anyone had success with converting a dh bike to a single speed? Thanks!

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 6:04 Quote
mbuts87 wrote:
Pipaluk wrote:
mbuts87 wrote:

Cheers. They are great bikes. I took it out today for a test on a local DH trail and it's sooooooooo different then it used to be with the old fox 36 & 27.5's and 64° HA. I think my HA is a bit to slack now. I worked out I am probably sitting at 60°. With the extra 20mm of travel from the boxxer and the red headset cups in at - 2°, my put the black ones back in to get me closer to 62°.It also feels to small for my now, reach is way to short . Don't even get me started on peddling haha. What's your plans for your new frame?

Just built it up as a downhill shredder, rides like a dream!
Don't understand why Scott stopped making such an awesome frame!

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 21:11 Quote
It was such a good frame. Still one of my all time favorites. I preferred it to the 2018 Gambler. The gambler was middle of the road for me, not like a race bike (Commencal Supreme), and not nearly as nimble nor as fun as the Voltage.

That thing looks so fun

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 7:49 Quote
bikefreak720 wrote:
Hello, I just bought a 2011 Voltage for super cheap but it has a missing derailleur. I don't know much about the bike so does anyone know which derailleurs would fit on my bike? Alternatively, has anyone had success with converting a dh bike to a single speed? Thanks!
There's a new Deore M5100 11 speed with a 11-51 cassette if you want to turn it into Enduro or just an old short Zee that is like made for this bike.

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 7:51 Quote
Pipaluk wrote:
mbuts87 wrote:
Pipaluk wrote:

Just built it up as a downhill shredder, rides like a dream!
Don't understand why Scott stopped making such an awesome frame!

photo
photo
photo
Scott got sold and the new owners were not that much into freeride back then as the sales went down because of enduro rigs.

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 1:12 Quote
Do any UK Voltage owners out there have some 222mm shock mounts they would like to sell?

Im switching from a DH setup to a shorter travel play bike setup, this means i will have some +10mm dropouts for sale soon (or swap for the 222mm mounts).

Cheers.

Posted: Jul 29, 2023 at 10:54 Quote
Hello, brothers!

Just bought a 2016 voltage fr 710 and I have two technical questions:
1. Is it OK for this frame to mullet it like 27,5 with 26? The fork is a fox 36 180mm and shock is DHX2 CZP4. Do i have to use some angled headsets? (The used dropouts will be 10x130 ones)
2. Is the 2018 chainstay compatible with the 2016 one?

Thanks! Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035203
Mobile Version of Website