scott voltage fr/shock lengths on first page.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
scott voltage fr/shock lengths on first page.
Posted: May 20, 2012 at 20:16 Quote
backyardbiker2 wrote:
Rolo-Polo2 wrote:
New Nukeproof Proton pedals, Elixir XO brakes, Thomson elite seat post, Maxxis minion tires... that's all for now Big Grin
a few new upgrades... Elixir XO front and rear brakes Nuke proof proton pedals Thomson elite seat post Maxxis minions front and rear. Next up looking into a X-fusion air shock
how are those brakes? i heard they were crap!

how the hell can XO be crappy???

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 22:39 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
backyardbiker2 wrote:
Rolo-Polo2 wrote:
New Nukeproof Proton pedals, Elixir XO brakes, Thomson elite seat post, Maxxis minion tires... that's all for now Big Grin
a few new upgrades... Elixir XO front and rear brakes Nuke proof proton pedals Thomson elite seat post Maxxis minions front and rear. Next up looking into a X-fusion air shock
how are those brakes? i heard they were crap!

how the hell can XO be crappy???
yes, please tell!

Posted: May 21, 2012 at 4:07 Quote
i heard they bacically fall apart.. and theyre arent reliable at all!!

Posted: May 21, 2012 at 4:32 Quote
backyardbiker2 wrote:
i heard they bacically fall apart.. and theyre arent reliable at all!!
Yeah im gonna call bullshit on the first part, and as far as reliability, Avids do tend to have difficulty with good bleeds but that's been sorted

Posted: May 21, 2012 at 20:00 Quote
Well they definitely haven't fallen apart yet haha. I really haven't had that many other brakes to compare the XOs to, but there are on par if not a bit better than anything I've run before... Elixir 5's and code 5's to be exact. The XOs have decent power and modulation, with the longest descent I've taken them on being about 15 minutes (freeride trails). I really like the weight saving and at the price I got them for I would reccomend them.

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 23:38 Quote
Having been running tubeless for the past 5 months or so I'm totally convinced it is the only way for me, not had a sinle puncture, leak, ripped sidewall, tyre fold off the rim. I can just ride and forgot back anything going wrong with my tyres, the only downside was I went for the heaviest, thickest tyre I could find to be safe now the tme has come that this option is killing me as I have to ride up hills a fair bit.

The bike is going on a diet, it's pretty light to start with and I've just bought a set of Hans Dampf's, which cuts my tyre weight in half so thats 2.6lbs already lost.

Not sure what I'll chanbge in the future, the brakes are heavy being V2's with Vented Rotors but they work so well that I don't know if I could part with them and the RC4 is such a nice shock and with a Ti spring is seriously light already that the thought of going back to air may be an expensive and pointless one.

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 2:55 Quote
Keep brakes and shock, the only other brakes you may conside are formula the ones or formula R0s. These have similar to more power but weight less. Ass for the rc4 I havn't ridden one, but I don't think it would be worth swapping. What cranks are you running?

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 2:59 Quote
Yeah man, I've been running maxxis minion dhf exo 2.5 tubeless for ages and have not had a problem. They are light and grippy. sweet.

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 3:01 Quote
ive been running shwalbe big bettys and muddy marys for almost a year tubed with no punctures.

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 3:04 Quote
How do you guys stop your knee pads from scratching your frame? I got some 661 knee and shin pads made with a plastic shell that scratch my top tube, to make things worse my tld moto shorts also scratch my frame (I think). Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 3:05 Quote
stick ya knees outwards?

helitape the frame?

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 3:09 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
How do you guys stop your knee pads from scratching your frame? I got some 661 knee and shin pads made with a plastic shell that scratch my top tube, to make things worse my tld moto shorts also scratch my frame (I think). Is there any way to stop this from happening?
change ya knee pads

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 3:15 Quote
Plastic scratches your frame? did you spray paint it?

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 7:34 Quote
The moto v2 really isn't that heavy, they look like they should weigh a lot more than they do

photo

photo

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 8:16 Quote
amando96 wrote:
Plastic scratches your frame? did you spray paint it?

Nope, its the repeated motion of pedaling.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022116
Mobile Version of Website