scott voltage fr/shock lengths on first page.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
scott voltage fr/shock lengths on first page.
Author Message
Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 11:31 Quote
okay guys i got the picture. Basically theres two little notches in the back side of the bearing and i'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get them out? all the bearings in the frame are like this. Is there a special tool needed? if so can anyone link me to it? Any help woul be appreciated, Thanks Aidan

Can t get the bearings out anyone got any links or ideas on how to get them out

Can t get the bearings out anyone got any links or ideas on how to get them out

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 12:55 Quote
Kust tap them out gently side after side.tap the bearings after servicing or replacing them, should be good.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 14:06 Quote
I just found a socket that fit the hole, then used a rubber mallet to tap it out..

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 23:49 Quote
chucker75 wrote:
okay guys i got the picture. Basically theres two little notches in the back side of the bearing and i'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get them out? all the bearings in the frame are like this. Is there a special tool needed? if so can anyone link me to it? Any help woul be appreciated, Thanks Aidan

Can t get the bearings out anyone got any links or ideas on how to get them out

Can t get the bearings out anyone got any links or ideas on how to get them out

To remove mine I used a long bolt with various large washers and 2 sockets (one to push the bearing through into the cavity of the other, reduces the risk of damaging the bearing or tapping it out unevenly.

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 1:18 Quote
Voltage crew Cool

My first full suspension bike. I can't wait for the weekend to ride it for the first time and to start customizing it.
Frame paint first as I'm not a fan of decals, then the MoCo mod for the 302 Domains.


Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 1:22 Quote
okay thanks guys, i'll try some of these methods

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 8:22 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/yv/of/yvofvne2jgvq/large__MG_883911.jpgin hajfell, two weeks ago
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www7.pic-upload.de/23.08.12/o3otwz8owjqw.jpg

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 9:32 Quote
Schorchi wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/yv/of/yvofvne2jgvq/large__MG_883911.jpgin hajfell, two weeks ago
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www7.pic-upload.de/23.08.12/o3otwz8owjqw.jpg
Drool love that frame, is my dream ! I hope someday I'll get it Smile

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 10:46 Quote
Schorchi wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/yv/of/yvofvne2jgvq/large__MG_883911.jpgin hajfell, two weeks ago
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www7.pic-upload.de/23.08.12/o3otwz8owjqw.jpg

Is that 180 mm rear travel ??

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 10:56 Quote
Schorchi wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/yv/of/yvofvne2jgvq/large__MG_883911.jpgin hajfell, two weeks ago
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www7.pic-upload.de/23.08.12/o3otwz8owjqw.jpg

Looks like Buckow's team frame. Piggyback is pointed up, and no forward shock mount plates. You lucky bastard!!

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 11:03 Quote
freesportuk wrote:
chucker75 wrote:
okay guys i got the picture. Basically theres two little notches in the back side of the bearing and i'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get them out? all the bearings in the frame are like this. Is there a special tool needed? if so can anyone link me to it? Any help woul be appreciated, Thanks Aidan

Can t get the bearings out anyone got any links or ideas on how to get them out

Can t get the bearings out anyone got any links or ideas on how to get them out

To remove mine I used a long bolt with various large washers and 2 sockets (one to push the bearing through into the cavity of the other, reduces the risk of damaging the bearing or tapping it out unevenly.

How to remove the bearings from Scott Voltage frame.

This is how I removed mine. I literally just did it for both sides and it worked fine. I positioned the rubber handle of a hammer (or something which is rigid but won't damage the frame) under the chainstay at such an angle that it supported the chainstay and a tiny bit of the bearing housing (so the whole piece wouldn't rock around). Then I used a drift (I guess you could use an old screwdriver etc) held in one hand (with forearm supporting the frame) and knocked the end of the drift with a hammer.

The easiest way was to position it in one of the two frame recesses (the little bits cut out of the bearing housing) and knock it a couple of times then move the drift/screwdriver to the other side and knock it there a couple of times. After a few times knocking each side, the bearing should come out. You have to give it a fair thump though because those bearings are in pretty tight! Hope this helps.

Edit: Just realised you have not taken your frame to pieces, so that may not be of any use to you. But positioning your whole bike so there is something solid near the bearing (to support the chainstay) and using the same technique of knocking each side of the bearing (at those notches/recesses) may work...

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 11:55 Quote
Rodeo25 wrote:
Schorchi wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/yv/of/yvofvne2jgvq/large__MG_883911.jpgin hajfell, two weeks ago
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www7.pic-upload.de/23.08.12/o3otwz8owjqw.jpg

Is that 180 mm rear travel ??

Its Scott 11 DH Voltage with 200mm travel.

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 12:11 Quote
kome wrote:
Rodeo25 wrote:
Schorchi wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/yv/of/yvofvne2jgvq/large__MG_883911.jpgin hajfell, two weeks ago
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www7.pic-upload.de/23.08.12/o3otwz8owjqw.jpg

Is that 180 mm rear travel ??

Its Scott 11 DH Voltage with 200mm travel.

i might be missing something here but if the pivot is in the same place as the production voltage couldnt we just have a bunch of mount plates made up that allow the rear the 200mm of travel?

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 15:42 Quote
Yes Buckow can get you plates for 200 mill travel pm him

Posted: Aug 23, 2012 at 15:45 Quote
Sooooo my frame is cracked now just not all the way through the head tube width wise. The "scratch" just kept getting bigger and bigger down the head tube so I took it in and got it sent off to Scott as it pretty much confirms it to be a crack. No more riding for me for a while Madder


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016570
Mobile Version of Website