Death Metal thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Death Metal thread
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:38 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:
roflbikerollrollroll wrote:
for anyone who cares, which should be everyone
Metallica is doing a north american tour!
they're playing a bunch of dates with Lamb of God and The Sword
and a bunch with Down and The Sword
and a bunch more with Machine Head and The Sword

I'd see Lamb Of God. that's about it. Sounds sick though.
their new album is gonna be so much sicker than the last 3!Big Grin
and I'm excited to see Lamb of God too, I missed them last time they
came to town.Cry

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:
for anyone who cares, which should be everyone
Metallica is doing a north american tour!
they're playing a bunch of dates with Lamb of God and The Sword
and a bunch with Down and The Sword
and a bunch more with Machine Head and The Sword

came to town.Cry

Hopefully. The last album was garbage I thought. Ashes Of The Wake takes it for sure. By the way, I moving to B.C. in about 3 months. Probably Maple Ridge, Coquitlam or possibly North Van. Are there a decent amount of shows in Vancouver? Whenever I check tour dates they never seem to go to Vancouver.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:46 Quote

And if anyone else cares Suicide Silence, Emmure, The Dillenger Esc. Plan and Beneath The Massacre are comming to Toronto Oct. 14.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:
as-good-as-dead wrote:

came to town.Cry

Hopefully. The last album was garbage I thought. Ashes Of The Wake takes it for sure. By the way, I moving to B.C. in about 3 months. Probably Maple Ridge, Coquitlam or possibly North Van. Are there a decent amount of shows in Vancouver? Whenever I check tour dates they never seem to go to Vancouver.
yeah, there really good local music around here, you'll probably be
able to catch bands like First Reign, EBM alot others in vancouver.
we also get a fair share of bigger concerts, All That Remains comes alot.
a couple months ago we had Gigantour with megadeth, bodom, and a bunch other.
you just gotta look out for it, that's all

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:

came to town.Cry

Alright. Sounds good. What about the local music scene? Alot of bands around? I'm a vocalist so i'm gonna need to find a band.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:
as-good-as-dead wrote:

Alright. Sounds good. What about the local music scene? Alot of bands around? I'm a vocalist so i'm gonna need to find a band.
dude I think my friends band is looking for a singer

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:

Where abouts?

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:54 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:
as-good-as-dead wrote:

Where abouts?
they're in abbotsford

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 10:04 Quote
as-good-as-dead wrote:

Where abouts?
they're in abbotsford

That's probably going to be too far. But thanks anyways.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
i like metallica for one simple reason, kirk hammet is a f*cking amazing guitar player.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
Darkthrone wrote:
xXxShOcKeRxXx wrote:
This is way off topic to what you guys were talking about and I'm sorry for it...but does anyone know any good Black Metal bands? (other then Dimmu Borgir, Burzum, or any other really famous group).

Depends what sub Genre you're looking for.

Black Metal today is very open minded and isn't just about stereotypical Satan, Frost, and Darkness now. lol.

I would try "Moonfrost" if you like the traditional low-quality-production sound, that sounds like original era black metal, but also has influences from bands like Opeth and Agalloch with their acoustic breakdowns and smooth solo's.

If you want to try a more Melodic sound, I'd listen to bands like Rotting Christ, Woods of Ypres and Forgotten Woods, Shining, Abyssic Hate, Diaboli, Forgotten Tomb. More Melodic and not just blast beats with ear blasting distortion and tremolo picking, most of the time. It's very Atmospheric.

I would also check out some of Sentenced's early era work "Shadows of the Past" all the way up to the album "North From Here." it's more of a Thrashy Death Metal sound, but it's so agressive, it almost sounds like extreme black metal in some songs.

On topic...
Some of my favorite bands would be...
Sentenced, Disgorge, Devourment, Cannibal Corpse, Municipal Waste, Mayhem, Burzum, Moonfrost, Woods of Ypres, Cryptopsy, Iron Maiden, Katatonia, Nasum, Shaped by Fate, Darkthrone, Skitliv, Devildriver, Fear Factory, Crackwhore, Lividity, Sinamore, For My Pain..., Poisonblack and a shit load of others.

I think I listen to way too much music.
uh lets see..
cannibal=death
maiden=power
devildriver=death
fearfactory isn't anything it just sucks,

Darkthrone wrote:
Lol, really?

Also,
Soulfallen, Between The Buried and Me, Dark The Suns, Dark Funeral, Bathory, Wolves in the Throne Room, Silentium, Satyricon, KYPCK, Exhumed, Obituary, Eluveitie, Car Bomb, f*ck The Facts, Sinned, Disgust, First Reign, Forefather, Light This City, Morbid Angel, EyeHateGod, October Tide, Limbonic Art, Pig Destroyer, Amorphis.

I could list more, but I can't be bothered.
btbam=not black
eyehategod=doom
Get your geners strait man.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
thegroanofwind wrote:
i like metallica for one simple reason, kirk hammet is a f*cking amazing guitar player.

I get goose bumps everytime I hear Metallica play, especially "One"

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 16:28 Quote
dyers eve amazes me, that must take so much energy to play it.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
dimmu borgir, gorgoroth and i no but iron maiden(u now everyone was influenced by them)

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
Termenaitor wrote:
Darkthrone wrote:
xXxShOcKeRxXx wrote:
This is way off topic to what you guys were talking about and I'm sorry for it...but does anyone know any good Black Metal bands? (other then Dimmu Borgir, Burzum, or any other really famous group).

Depends what sub Genre you're looking for.

Black Metal today is very open minded and isn't just about stereotypical Satan, Frost, and Darkness now. lol.

I would try "Moonfrost" if you like the traditional low-quality-production sound, that sounds like original era black metal, but also has influences from bands like Opeth and Agalloch with their acoustic breakdowns and smooth solo's.

If you want to try a more Melodic sound, I'd listen to bands like Rotting Christ, Woods of Ypres and Forgotten Woods, Shining, Abyssic Hate, Diaboli, Forgotten Tomb. More Melodic and not just blast beats with ear blasting distortion and tremolo picking, most of the time. It's very Atmospheric.

I would also check out some of Sentenced's early era work "Shadows of the Past" all the way up to the album "North From Here." it's more of a Thrashy Death Metal sound, but it's so agressive, it almost sounds like extreme black metal in some songs.

On topic...
Some of my favorite bands would be...
Sentenced, Disgorge, Devourment, Cannibal Corpse, Municipal Waste, Mayhem, Burzum, Moonfrost, Woods of Ypres, Cryptopsy, Iron Maiden, Katatonia, Nasum, Shaped by Fate, Darkthrone, Skitliv, Devildriver, Fear Factory, Crackwhore, Lividity, Sinamore, For My Pain..., Poisonblack and a shit load of others.

I think I listen to way too much music.
uh lets see..
cannibal=death
maiden=power
devildriver=death
fearfactory isn't anything it just sucks,

Darkthrone wrote:
Lol, really?

Also,
Soulfallen, Between The Buried and Me, Dark The Suns, Dark Funeral, Bathory, Wolves in the Throne Room, Silentium, Satyricon, KYPCK, Exhumed, Obituary, Eluveitie, Car Bomb, f*ck The Facts, Sinned, Disgust, First Reign, Forefather, Light This City, Morbid Angel, EyeHateGod, October Tide, Limbonic Art, Pig Destroyer, Amorphis.

I could list more, but I can't be bothered.
btbam=not black
eyehategod=doom
Get your geners strait man.
Get your head straight, man. I was just naming off bands that are good. Not just black metal bands. Did you see me label any bands in my post besides when the OP asked for other BM bands? Didn't think so.
I clearly said "Some of my favorite bands" Not "Some of my favorite bands that of which are confined to following genre's of music."

Genre's are boundary's anyways. Ask HERR MORBID of Forgotten Tomb about genre's and he'll probably give you a 4 hour lecture of how they bind people to a certain style then anything else.

Also, don't try saying "This thread is about death metal!" on me. People are talking about metal in general right now. People above me are talking about Metallica for instance.

GG.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027422
Mobile Version of Website