Broken dirt jumper 2 100mm 08

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Broken dirt jumper 2 100mm 08
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 9:50 Quote
Hi
I've got a problem with my fork
when i bough it, it was working properly.
I do not know how it happened but recently the fork stopped lowering itself
and only goes about 2cm down when it used to half way.
Does anyone know the reason this could happen and please advise me on how to fix it
thank you.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
take all the air out

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 10:09 Quote
I honestly don't really have advice to help fix it, but...

A couple months ago the exact same thing happened to my 08 DJ1 so I sent it in and they completly exchanged the internals.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
twinbiker11 wrote:
take all the air out

I've already taken the air out and sadly it didn't help Frown

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 4:34 Quote
The problem is the R cart

Sometimes the Cart locks up, meaning the fork is basically in a state of lockout. The R cart like TST is pathetic and should be canned. Of the 8 bikes in my local town that have DJ forks with R carts, 7 (including mine) have suffered the cart locking up, and the final one is well on its way to failing.

A simple test to confirm that the problem is your cart is to remove the spring, if you still cant compress the fork, the R cart is dead

There was a mod you can do which involves drilling small holes in the base of the cart to convert it to a crude open bath cartridge, but apparently it doesnt work all the time

Best thing is to chase marzocchi for a new cartridge

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 5:15 Quote
it could also be that your seals need to be greased. mine did the same thing. they went down maybe 2cm then stopped. i greased the seals and now they're fine.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 6:23 Quote
Nick-M2r wrote:
A simple test to confirm that the problem is your cart is to remove the spring, if you still cant compress the fork, the R cart is dead

do you have some instructions to do this?

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 6:25 Quote
Just take rebound cart out. and leave it. My fork feels much better without it.

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 6:30 Quote
Dude, here's the manual for the 2008 DJ2, and in Polish for ya Wink

From this link if you want to view it in English or whatever other language...

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
MattJ92 wrote:
Just take rebound cart out. and leave it. My fork feels much better without it.

you ride without R? does the fork work better? doesn't it break without the cart? could please instruct me how to take this out?

Posted: Jul 17, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
No its fine. The Rebound is always shite on them even when it works. Just undo the nut on the bottom of the leg. Its kinda domed. On the rebound side.
photo

Then Just undo the cap on the crown on the rebound side and pull the cartridge out the top. Be warned oil will flood out the bottom so put a washin up bowl under it or something. U will then be able to see the floor through the fork. Inside the stancion.
photo

Then unscrew The nut thing off the rebound cart. The manuals say not to. But there is no problem with doing it.
photo

photo

Then screw the nut thing to the domed nut. With the rebound nut thing inside the fork leg. and the domed nut out side the fork. As they would be if you were using the rebound. This will keep crap out the fork.
photo

(left part inside fork. Right side on the bottom)

Then u might want to cover the whole at the top. Black tape. Or i used a blank i had that fitted. But you dont have to. And anything really will work. Hope this helps

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
if i take r out, i should have oil in fork?

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
are the dj 2 lowers and the dj 3 lowers the same? and do the dj 2s come with 20mm thru axle?

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
KyrenPL wrote:
if i take r out, i should have oil in fork?

Nope Smile leave it completely empty

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
william4269 wrote:
are the dj 2 lowers and the dj 3 lowers the same? and do the dj 2s come with 20mm thru axle?

Im fairly sure they would be interchangable but im not 100%. I know they would be the same exept for where the bolts are at the bottom of the legs. That MAY be different.

2008 Dj2s were mostly 9mm open dropouts exept for a few OEM Dj2s which had 20mm axles. You could buy the 20mm forks if you were lucky but almost all website sold 9mm versions.

2009 Dj2s are available with both. 2009 20mm dj2s are alot easier to find the 2008.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016173
Mobile Version of Website