Which one would you stick on your bike, a fox 36 talas or a totem coil ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Which one would you stick on your bike, a fox 36 talas or a totem coil ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
i know there are possibly many threads like this one but i really need to knwo peoples opinion on if it was their bike, which would you put on.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
CANADA-RULES82 wrote:
i know there are possibly many threads like this one but i really need to knwo peoples opinion on if it was their bike, which would you put on.
It depends what bike you're putting it on and what you're using it for.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
if it was more of a fr bike totem, more of a am bike or slopestyle bike talas

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
sx04 wrote:
CANADA-RULES82 wrote:
It depends what bike you're putting it on and what you're using it for.

Yeup, Although personally I would go for the 36 Talas unless it was mainly a freeride bike tup

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
hahaha, i forgot to put what im gonna use it for. im gonna be doing a cross from all mountain and light freeride, but i also might use it at places like whislter or silverstar and blue mountain. basically the best all-round fork out if the 2. im leaning towars the totem because if stiff stanchtions and it is sub 6 pounds.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
any 36 except for talas, they are notchy and gay in comparison

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
Totem. Just make sure you maintain it(Speed Lube and, if you want Judy Butter on the stations) otherwise if your doing crazy hard riding(whistler for a week strait) youll start blowing out internals but maintain it and your fine. Speed lube takes literly 5 minutes

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
(totem Coil's also have Lockout, Cant remember if talas' do)

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
CANADA-RULES82 wrote:
hahaha, i forgot to put what im gonna use it for. im gonna be doing a cross from all mountain and light freeride, but i also might use it at places like whislter or silverstar and blue mountain. basically the best all-round fork out if the 2. im leaning towars the totem because if stiff stanchtions and it is sub 6 pounds.
I have a 2007 Fox 36 Float R, and it's sub 5 lbs. but it lacks adjustments. In your case I would go with the Talas. What bike is it going on?

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
A Talas would be a poor choice from the Fox line. They should only be considered if you will regularly need the travel adjustment ability. They suffer heavily from seal stiction.

A 36 Float RC2 however would be much better. At under 5 lbs it's no weight penalty, and it certainly performs damn well, as well as being damn stiff and more than strong enough for as much abuse as you could give it.

But no matter what. If you want the best suspension performance, coil is miles ahead. And that is why for anyone not a weight weenie and plans on doing FR. Meaning they want their suspension to react the best possible in all conditions. The Fox 36 Vanilla is the best fork for you.

EDIT: This too:
photo

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
A Talas would be a poor choice from the Fox line. They should only be considered if you will regularly need the travel adjustment ability. They suffer heavily from seal stiction.

A 36 Float RC2 however would be much better. At under 5 lbs it's no weight penalty, and it certainly performs damn well, as well as being damn stiff and more than strong enough for as much abuse as you could give it.

But no matter what. If you want the best suspension performance, coil is miles ahead. And that is why for anyone not a weight weenie and plans on doing FR. Meaning they want their suspension to react the best possible in all conditions. The Fox 36 Vanilla is the best fork for you.

EDIT: This too:
photo

I WAS LOOKING AT A VANNILA AND IT LOOKED AWESOME!!! i really am debating now between the vanilla and the totem.. i need some pros and cons

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
i would get the float. cheaper and lighter. you wont even remember travel adjust

btw,
vanilla: totem coil
float: totem solo air
or course the totem is heavier and has more travel but i think more travel would rake your bike
and personally i love fox's fit damper more that all other on the market

EDIT: have you considered domains? that would be a good choice for you imo

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
Why are you comparing a totem to a 36, instead of Lyrik to a 36?

Same travel and similar a2c, and much closer weight.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
me2menow wrote:
i would get the float. cheaper and lighter. you wont even remember travel adjust

btw,
vanilla: totem coil
float: totem solo air
or course the totem is heavier and has more travel but i think more travel would rake your bike
and personally i love fox's fit damper more that all other on the market

my boxxer is what rake my bike!! i really am worried about the boxxer so i am looking into one if these forks. my ht> is 68 degrees

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011199
Mobile Version of Website