Session 10 vs. Judge

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Session 10 vs. Judge
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:10 Quote
Hi! I am going to buy a new bike in decemberSmile And i was thinking about the Cannondale Judge 2007 or Trek session 10 2007. What bike should i choose? I am riding FR/DH. Or would you buy some other bike unstead?

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
they are both REALLY nice. you should just go to your local dealers and take a little ride with both of them before you decide

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
yeah i really wanted to do that, there just are no dealers here in Iceland :/ But does anybody knows how much rear travel the session 10 has? On the trek site there stands 240 mm, but everybody is saying it is 254mm (10 inch) What is it?

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 18:30 Quote
I ride a judge and love it. It handles so nicely (particularly manuals, drops, speed...), and has very progressive travel. and it weighs like 43lbs which is very good for a freeride bike. the session 10 is over 50 pounds.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 13:48 Quote
i have a session 10 i think it is the best, and by the way it only 44 or 45 pounds depending on your fork, im riding a marrazochi 888 the now. i would seriously recomend the session 10, its soildly built and extremly reliable and just eats every bump and everything you thrown at it

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 8:52 Quote
fortbill wrote:
i have a session 10 i think it is the best, and by the way it only 44 or 45 pounds depending on your fork, im riding a marrazochi 888 the now. i would seriously recomend the session 10, its soildly built and extremly reliable and just eats every bump and everything you thrown at it

oh, i didn't know you could buy it as a frameset. thats cool, cuz i never really liked the stock build

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 9:03 Quote
id go for the session 10, very nice bike

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 9:10 Quote
Please be aware that the Session 10 has a very low bottom bracket. Either learn to ride without hitting big rocks and logs, or get a very good bash guard. I personally think the 10 has too low of a bottom bracket when sitting halfway through the travel.

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 3:16 Quote
the bottom bracket is same as the other normal dh bikes. Not much diffirence. I always wanted the Judge, it was my favorit bike of all time. But there wasent so many that was selling those.

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 3:40 Quote
Been reading somewhere else that water is gatering in the "tank" on session 10 and it would worrie me a little, and btw I dont think you will ever need that much travel... I would go for the judge, guess its lighter than session 10, correct me if im wrong, I havent read the facts yet

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
i own a session 10 from 07 and it's by far the best bike i own,it's very stable at high speeds,corners excellent and pedals like a dream.The frame is super strong from Trek's Z9000 alloy and can take tons off beating,it head some serious crashes that where pretty hard and the frame didn't head a crack,dent or bend during every crash.The frame is very adjustable with the adjustable drop outs to change the geo and head angle off the big.Trek was so friendly to put a Postmount caliper mount in the rear for easy 8'' rotor setup so there was no need to buy adaptors,this was way before other company's did some postmount mounts on there DH bikes since most head the IS2000 standard on it.The bike has also a good leverage ratio due to it's super long shock that is also super adjustable.The session 10 was never designed as a full DH race bike due to it's weigth but more as a play and all round bike.The best aspect off this bike is the CTE device,this eleminates chaingrowth and keeps the chain nice and tigth.

Pro's
+ CTE device
+ Very adjustable shock and frame
+ Good leverage ratio
+ pedals and corners very well
+ All round bike from bikepark to DH race
+ Low maintenence
+ Super strong frame
+ 10'' off travel

Cons
- Heavy
- Saddle Buzz
- Expensive

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 10:46 Quote
norwegianqfree wrote:
Been reading somewhere else that water is gatering in the "tank" on session 10 and it would worrie me a little, and btw I dont think you will ever need that much travel... I would go for the judge, guess its lighter than session 10, correct me if im wrong, I havent read the facts yet

Yea they do. Its really anoying, so my LBS put a drain hole in mine for me after checking with Trek UK.
Problem solved

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 10:48 Quote
i would go for the option of something else, i personally find the judge to have a very cramped cockpit

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012161
Mobile Version of Website