Mod
Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
Sponsorhouse.com

stay away from sponsorhouse its bullshit
Not quite.

There are great deals to be found on Sponsorhouse.. and again, if it's saving you 25% off what you would be paying in the shop.. is that an issue?

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
Sponsorhouse.com

definitely

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
t3rr1 wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

Not quite.

There are great deals to be found on Sponsorhouse.. and again, if it's saving you 25% off what you would be paying in the shop.. is that an issue?
Finally, someone on this site who isn't a complete retard. I get 50% off like 10 different companies.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
be friendly with your local shop that sells mtb's. give them a resume and some good vidss and or pics of you riding. maybe they'll give you a good deal on a bike/parts in return for you to rep them at races and wear one of their jerseys.know a couple people who have done this, hasnt happened to me yet but im hopin to do something like that in the near future.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
t3rr1 wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:

Not quite.

Finally, someone on this site who isn't a complete retard. I get 50% off like 10 different companies.

yes you still get discounts but you still need to buy there product to sponsor and support there brand name so really its just a marketing technique that gets people like you to buy there stuff so you can say your sponsored by someone and thats not cool because every single pro didn't say to himself "i want to get sponsored by a company because it will make me cooler" no thats not what happened. they ride because they have the passion for the sport thats greater than what you obviously have.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:17 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
t3rr1 wrote:

yes you still get discounts but you still need to buy there product to sponsor and support there brand name so really its just a marketing technique that gets people like you to but there stuff so you can say your sponsored by someone and thats not cool because every single pro didn't say to himself "i want to get sponsored by a company because it will make me cooler" no thats not what happened. they ride because they have the passion for the sport thats greater than what you obviously have.
No, I have all the passion but half the money. I ride motocross, where you have to replace stuff much more often. I only apply for sponsors from companies I use and prefer. Oh, and how do you but stuff?

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:21 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:

yes you still get discounts but you still need to buy there product to sponsor and support there brand name so really its just a marketing technique that gets people like you to but there stuff so you can say your sponsored by someone and thats not cool because every single pro didn't say to himself "i want to get sponsored by a company because it will make me cooler" no thats not what happened. they ride because they have the passion for the sport thats greater than what you obviously have.
No, I have all the passion but half the money. I ride motocross, where you have to replace stuff much more often. I only apply for sponsors from companies I use and prefer. Oh, and how do you but stuff?

ok i edited the typo but the point that im getting at is that they give you sponsorship because they know that every biker/ dirt biker wants to be a pro some were in there mind so they offer these grassroots sponsorship programs, give you a discount and make you buy there product so really there just tricking you into buying there stuff so do you think thats right or is it ok to think that you are sponsored but really your not

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:22 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

ok i edited the typo but the point that im getting at is that they give you sponsorship because they know that every biker/ dirt biker wants to be a pro some were in there mind so they offer these grassroots sponsorship programs, give you a discount and make you buy there product so really there just tricking you into buying there stuff so do you think thats right or is it ok to think that you are sponsored but really your not
I would use the products even if I wasn't sponsored though.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:24 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:

thats fine but really they f*ck you over and who likes that

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:26 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

Never been that way for me...

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:35 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:

ok never mind you obviously don't get what Im saying so good bye

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:39 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=23290&pagenum=1

go to that forum, explains everything that you dont obviously know

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:40 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=23290&pagenum=1

go to that forum, explains everything that you dont obviously know
I've been on sponsorhouse for 4 years so...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011662
Mobile Version of Website