How do you get sponsored?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
How do you get sponsored?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:47 Quote
i dont think that there is a 'how to' guide for sponsorship. what i think is its all about being better then the other guy and right time right place.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:50 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

ok never mind you obviously don't get what Im saying so good bye

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=23290&pagenum=1

go to that forum, explains everything that you dont obviously know
I've been on sponsorhouse for 4 years so...

soo what? its the biggest gimmick ever and your to stupid to understand that so know im gunna let you go get all the fake sponsors you want while i actually send in a video and well written resume straight to the company to evaluate me properly and not use me for my hard earned money to promote there product and then actually get sponsored because i ride for the fun of it and will do a very good job representing my company and some day maybe even make there team pro's so keep getting fake sponsored you tool

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 23:58 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=23290&pagenum=1

go to that forum, explains everything that you dont obviously know

soo what? its the biggest gimmick ever and your to stupid to understand that so know im gunna let you go get all the fake sponsors you want while i actually send in a video and well written resume straight to the company to evaluate me properly and not use me for my hard earned money to promote there product and then actually get sponsored because i ride for the fun of it and will do a very good job representing my company and some day maybe even make there team pro's so keep getting fake sponsored you tool
Just to let you know, if you're planning on sending in a resume typed like that, good luck. I send in well written complete resumes. I am not the fastest person to ever ride a dirtbike, therefore, I don't deserve free parts. I am lucky enough to get free suspension and motorwork, but that's just because of knowing people. They aren't fake sponsors, just a lower level than pros, like you supposedly are, need. We can't afford to race every weekend without help from sponsors. We don't just order stuff from them, we actually talk to them and have a relationship with them. They help me out, so I help them out in return. I, in no way, am getting ripped off. It's not a gimmick... I rarely use sponsorhouse to buy things, just to apply for sponsors for the first time, after that, I just call the companies directly.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 0:03 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:

Just to let you know, if you're planning on sending in a resume typed like that, good luck. I send in well written complete resumes. I am not the fastest person to ever ride a dirtbike, therefore, I don't deserve free parts. I am lucky enough to get free suspension and motorwork, but that's just because of knowing people. They aren't fake sponsors, just a lower level than pros, like you supposedly are, need. We can't afford to race every weekend without help from sponsors. We don't just order stuff from them, we actually talk to them and have a relationship with them. They help me out, so I help them out in return. I, in no way, am getting ripped off. It's not a gimmick... I rarely use sponsorhouse to buy things, just to apply for sponsors for the first time, after that, I just call the companies directly.

ok then what do they do for you thats so great? other than discounts on parts and gear?

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 0:05 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

ok then what do they do for you thats so great? other than discounts on parts and gear?
Discounts on oil. Free shirts, exclusive parts/gear.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 0:13 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:

and you phoned the company and asked for what though after you signed the contract? and if you actually get sponsored by a company threw sponsorhouse and get the same deals as people that didnt use sponsorhouse why would you need to make a profile on sponsorhouse when you could get sponsored not using it?

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 0:18 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

and you phoned the company and asked for what though after you signed the contract? and if you actually get sponsored by a company threw sponsorhouse and get the same deals as people that didnt use sponsorhouse why would you need to make a profile on sponsorhouse when you could get sponsored not using it?
Because, the sponsors take it as a more professional approach.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 0:22 Quote
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:

by applying threw sponsorhouse? and what do you ask for when you phone them?

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 0:24 Quote
nickkkk wrote:
wyatt-earp wrote:
nickkkk wrote:

by applying threw sponsorhouse? and what do you ask for when you phone them?
I ask them if they have a weener dog named Fred. I ask them to buy parts or for info on parts.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 0:24 Quote
this is just becoming a fight about sponsorhouse....
lets make things real...
a company gives you something but you have to give something back.. they look for results, time, exposure, new dealers etc. but if your not dedicated to cut some of your riding time to do things the right way and to put in the right amount of hours you aint going no where. If you honestly think you have a chance at getting on a team then make a video, do some comps get letters of reference from your local shop or local pro. get out there cause then the company knows what you can do. Jay hoots is a perfect example. he is a crap rider and I dont like him but he reps norco like no tomorrow. he is always saying good things, always helping them out and always out there trying to help out. If you are ready to take on something besides riding a bike then find some companies call them up ask about there programs ask who to email and try to talk to that person. Get real

Mod
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
I Look at sponsorhouse in 4 ways. There is no how to guide for sponsorhouse.

1. Save a few dollars. I threw a few applications on there.. 5 years ago? I got a few replies. Good enough resume through there and you can get offered cost or 50% off stuff. Sure, that may not be great compared to a real sponsorship, but it's a hell of alot better than your buddies who are paying full MRSP down at the LBS. Face it, most of us aren't rich.. if you can save a few dollars on products through sponsorhouse that you would be buying anyways.. why not save those few dollars, so that you can afford to hit up a few more races, or buy some nicer parts. Sure many of the deals are crappy, but there are also some amazing deals to be found on there. Just because you haven't been offered them doesn't mean they aren't there.

2. Learning to interact with companies. I learned alot of stuff from my couple years of browsing sponsorhouse. Never did I acctually accept a contract... but, talking to the reps and seeing contracts and stuff.. you do learn alot.

3. Exposure. And, it's exposure - my profile gets 2000 hits a month.. and since I've now linked the team that I ride for on to my profile.. now they get 2000 more exposure per month. Most of the pros use sponsorhouse for this very reason - getting themselves and their sponsors more exposure. Kurt Voreis and Brian Lopes are a couple that come to mind.. they send out updates and stuff to all their 'friends'.

4. Lots of negativity towards the site. Sure, many of the deals are a joke, once you factor in shipping.. your only saving pennies. Sure, alot of it is just marketing/selling products for the companies.. but than again. Why do companies sponsor riders... marketing.. sales perhaps? Sure, maybe you are only saving $10 on a $50 item, but those dollars add up eventually. Sure.. maybe it isn't real sponsorship for the most part.. but again, saving a few dollars here and there never hurts.

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 7:53 Quote
A wee bit of a grave dig, but what should a race resume include? Theres a team interested in me, but i havent the clue as to what i should type up as a race resume. I know i need my results on there, but what else?

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
A wee bit of a grave dig, but what should a race resume include? Theres a team interested in me, but i havent the clue as to what i should type up as a race resume. I know i need my results on there, but what else?
what you could bring to the team and what you do outside of riding

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 at 5:29 Quote
I know there hasn't been a message on this in quite a while and i hope that you found sponsorship to help you out. Getting sponsored is hard work, you need to have a good attitude more than anything else, sure good results help massively but what company wants to sponsor someone who has a bad attitude and no one likes. Try and have a good attitude talk to people, if you see people looking at lines on a track or struggling go help them out, that is how people will like you and hear about you. My friend and I wanted to ride together with the same sponsors so we started a team "Limitless Racing" to help us out with the costs of racing. Hope I could help out and if you could could you please check out our website, the link is in the profile.

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 4:43 Quote
@freerider856 just be good and do races or comps and get recognized. its actually really easy, you don't even have to be good

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021234
Mobile Version of Website