2010 boxxer WC VS> 2010 fox 40 RC2, the ultimate DH fork debate

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2010 boxxer WC VS> 2010 fox 40 RC2, the ultimate DH fork debate
O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 11:36 Quote
you oubvoiusly have not ridden a 2010 wc for anything other than a parking lot.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
My friend Jake has a Boxxer WC and says that it flexes like a twig. So now hes getting the new 2011 40's with the kashima coating. Fox is just way better all around, look at the Athertons and Cedric Gracia on the V10, they rock the 40's and fu$king rip. The Boxxer seems like such a FRO type fork, good for racing, and thats about it, because you got to rebuild them frequently. You would literally half to pay me through sponsorship from SRAM to ride those forks.

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
cedric uses boxxers

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 16:39 Quote
stryke wrote:
cedric uses boxxers
really, I saw him with 40's in Dirt Magaziene

Posted: Oct 29, 2010 at 17:17 Quote
bigquoteswould literally half to pay me through sponsorship

The word you were looking for was have!

Boxxer WC needs more service than the other boxxers yes. The team however does not. It is a greatly underestimated fork, it hands small bumps way better than the wc, it is sprung like the 40 and sprung fork are just all around better.

Posted: Nov 1, 2010 at 11:10 Quote
dyalnger9 wrote:
stryke wrote:
cedric uses boxxers
really, I saw him with 40's in Dirt Magaziene

Last I saw he was on a boxxer.

Posted: Nov 1, 2010 at 16:05 Quote
motoman2 wrote:
bigquoteswould literally half to pay me through sponsorship

The word you were looking for was have!

Boxxer WC needs more service than the other boxxers yes. The team however does not. It is a greatly underestimated fork, it hands small bumps way better than the wc, it is sprung like the 40 and sprung fork are just all around better.
exept for weight

Posted: Nov 1, 2010 at 16:09 Quote
The weight difference is probably the last thing I think about when comparing the two.

Posted: Nov 2, 2010 at 9:19 Quote
same, the different in weight between a team and a 40 is not going to win the race for you, but the performance of the fork just might!

Posted: Nov 2, 2010 at 10:17 Quote
dyalnger9 wrote:
My friend Jake has a Boxxer WC and says that it flexes like a twig. So now hes getting the new 2011 40's with the kashima coating. Fox is just way better all around, look at the Athertons and Cedric Gracia on the V10, they rock the 40's and fu$king rip. The Boxxer seems like such a FRO type fork, good for racing, and thats about it, because you got to rebuild them frequently. You would literally half to pay me through sponsorship from SRAM to ride those forks.

because 'four' people ride them (cedric has boxxers) there great? boxxers - sam hill steve peat minnaar...?

silly argument.

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 at 11:20 Quote
Im sorry boxxer fanboi's but the Fox is the better fork.

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 at 11:57 Quote
edd-stevens wrote:
Im sorry boxxer fanboi's but the Fox is the better fork.

this

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 at 12:09 Quote
I love my fox 40's, but I may be a traitor and go with boxxers, purely because of maintenance reasons, fox needs alot of regular maintenance, and boxxer don't.
And for the arguement of what feels better, its like bikes, some people will love the way 40's feel but hate boxxers, some love boxxer feel and hate 40's, and some will just like them the same.
Also i've always associated fox 40's with more 'heavy duty' downhill bikes, and boxxers with 'lighter' downhill bikes, maybe because of the station difference..
*edit - I'm on about rc2 & teams*

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
you have to do the same amount of maintenance on a 40 as a boxxer bro sorry

Posted: Nov 10, 2010 at 12:15 Quote
For me maintenence isnt about a bare minimum, its about whatever it takes to keep the performance to the max.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011007
Mobile Version of Website