Sette DH Frame?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sette DH Frame?
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 6:51 Quote
No news, my friend wound up buying Trek Scratch.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
Don't buy sette, I used to have the am bike, every week id have to replace all of the bushings in the suspension, and it was heavy a hell, just don't buy it

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
mgolland45 wrote:
Don't buy sette, I used to have the am bike, every week id have to replace all of the bushings in the suspension, and it was heavy a hell, just don't buy it

Think there might have been something going on...

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
I brought to 4 seperate shops, they were isntalled correctly, just crap quality

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
photo

Might as well throw some info towards this thread since I actually own and ride one of these frames 4-5 days a week.

The Good:

•Probably one of the best manufactured catalog frames I have seen come out of Taiwan. Astro did some homework when putting this frame together. When I took it apart for powdercoating, everything was straight and the tolerances were spot on. Welds are very nicely done.

•Suspension feels great with a CCDB, not sure about with the stock Vivid

• Durability hasn't been an issue out here in the harsh desert riding of AZ. The bike plows over rocks but is very fast and stable at speed.

The Not So Good:

•Out of the box, the cockpit is VERY short. Even on the "Medium" frame Pricepoint sells, it fits like a small. Once your used to it, it isn't so bad though, and you can always run a 50mm stem and Thomson setback post to open the cockpit up a bit.

•BB is low low low when sagging. I had to swap from a standard MRP G2 to the Mini G2 in order to gain some clearance and stop smacking the hell out of the guide on the rocks.

•It pedals like a waterbed

Other than that, I used the Works Components Offset Headset Reducer cups to get the head angle down to 64.2, under sag that falls to around 63.5 which actually doesn't feel at all raked out on this bike.

Over all, I am happy with the frame for $800. If you look at investing in a CCDB as a shock you'll have for a while, then the cost of the frame and shock is still only $1600 which is still under most the other "name brand" DH bikes.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015617
Mobile Version of Website