What Scares You?....biking fears only

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What Scares You?....biking fears only
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
Just a thread to get riders to share one thing we usually don't....what we are scared off.
In riding everyone has one style of stunt, a trick, or a section on a trail that just scares them shitless and makes them want to crap their pants....
So whats yours?
For me its Step-Downs...where you can't see the landing from the Run-up, it feels like your hucking yourself off a cliff which is scary (duh), and its tricky finding that balance between enough speed to clear the gap but not so much that you are over-shooting or catch to much speed when you land.
And please try and keep it clean and DO NOT bash people if they have a fear you consider "lame" like curbs...there must be a story behind it.
So share yours!

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
when im doing a 360 and see a fat chick eating a Miki deeeessss

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
Falling on a rock garden scares the shit outta me, so I go waaayyy too slow for the guys behind me lol.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
iridedj wrote:
Falling on a rock garden scares the shit outta me, so I go waaayyy too slow for the guys behind me lol.
Been there...done that...not fun. lol

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
falling off crazy high ladder bridges over rock ugh not fun

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
when i go OTB and landed on my neck was the most scary'st thing i ever experienced,hope i don't whanna experience that againFrown

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:07 Quote
I try to scare myself a little every time Im out. I think thats the adreniline rush that we all look for and the reason alot of us ride. Conquering those fears are what empower us as riders and make it all worthwhile. For me right now Im working on bigger and bigger gaps and drops and Im usually a little nervous when going for the first hit. Of camber roots in the rain.........thats another, I always just pin it and hope for the best.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
mechanical failure and facebook.Eek

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
DARKSTAR63 wrote:
I try to scare myself a little every time Im out. I think thats the adreniline rush that we all look for and the reason alot of us ride. Conquering those fears are what empower us as riders and make it all worthwhile. For me right now Im working on bigger and bigger gaps and drops and Im usually a little nervous when going for the first hit. Of camber roots in the rain.........thats another, I always just pin it and hope for the best.
o ya i hate wet rock toooo

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
Wet rocks & Roots are rediculously fun! Scary as hell for sure but nothing feels greater when you lean into a corner pinning it and your barely keeping your bike underneath you and you somehow make it out!
A tip for rocks and roots in the wet though..the faster you go the better off you are and try to keep your line perpendicular to the direction of the roots.
BTW That is something else we can do on here...help people get over their fears with tips and tricks!
Marquis...facebook is easy...just always remember not to hand out your password. Then things start getting a tad creepy.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
For me, anytime I go over the barsFrown I did it yesterday and it got me rattled for about an hour after. Luckily I was okay but Definatly not on my list of fun things to doWink

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
Going to a place where you have had a pretty serious crash, its scary for me even to walk...

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
mine is hitting a jump for the fist time after a couple people have done it (i dont know y but i feel like i am just gonna fail) if i am first or is some one else crashes i am good

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Wet rocks & Roots are rediculously fun! Scary as hell for sure but nothing feels greater when you lean into a corner pinning it and your barely keeping your bike underneath you and you somehow make it out!
A tip for rocks and roots in the wet though..the faster you go the better off you are and try to keep your line perpendicular to the direction of the roots.
BTW That is something else we can do on here...help people get over their fears with tips and tricks!
Marquis...facebook is easy...just always remember not to hand out your password. Then things start getting a tad creepy.
another tip is jus go as fast as u can and jump em lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007726
Mobile Version of Website