When is maniotu coming out with real world forks not just racing products?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
When is maniotu coming out with real world forks not just racing products?
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 12:39 Quote
[Quote="moleman"...the Manitou Sherman I had,...the best feeling and smoothest fork I've ever owned/Ridden...[/Quote]

If i could rank the Forks i've ridden it would be like this:
1: Manitou sherman jumper
2: Manitou Gold label2
3: 2007 MZ DJ1 (newer ones are REALLY bad compared to that)
4: 2007: MZ DJ3 when properly adjusted
5: Society Xeno (the new ones)

AND for longer travels i've tested few lower end zocchis and Manitou travis' SC and 180triple, both flawless.

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
honestly, as long as they are reliable, easy to work on and come with decent support i'll be happy. i hope manitou is taking the time to learn from their past mistakes and others as well, to make a really good line up in 2011.

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 at 20:55 Quote
If Manitou is the equivalence of Hayes in the Brake market then these forks are going to suck it big. I have owned Manitous, Rockshox, Marzocchi and Fox products. All of which have been upper end forks. Moving closer to hayes sure doesn't send a message of enduring quality..... No thanks...

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 0:46 Quote
liveless wrote:
[Quote="moleman"...the Manitou Sherman I had,...the best feeling and smoothest fork I've ever owned/Ridden...

AND for longer travels i've tested few lower end zocchis and Manitou travis' SC and 180triple, both flawless.[/Quote]
its worth noting here that you haven't mentioned any Fox forks, they are in a separate league above the rest thanks to their superior bushing technology, although Marzocchi for 2010 is going to be using similar high end bushings so may well be on a par

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 0:53 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
liveless wrote:
[Quote="moleman"...the Manitou Sherman I had,...the best feeling and smoothest fork I've ever owned/Ridden...

AND for longer travels i've tested few lower end zocchis and Manitou travis' SC and 180triple, both flawless.
its worth noting here that you haven't mentioned any Fox forks...[/Quote]
Maybe if i said RIDDEN? Fox are quite rare here on hardtails, and im not too much into DH-scene YET.

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 1:30 Quote
With all due respect, for it is always possible to say things insofar you're not being disrecpectfull to other people, it is only an opinion, if however wrong, I would never buy a Manitou fork. This is not so more because of any performance issues whatsoever, but due to the fact I believe it is impossible to add anything valuable to it by just adding a dash of colour. If you come to think of it, Manitou must be thinking we the costumers have poor taste and that we will content with anything they come up with which glitches, sparks or blinds the eye. I am certain my bike will look like an eyesore if I have one of those put in. And, basically, this is what I am saying. Now I wonder why is it PB keeps deleting my comments when it is the case I am only giving my oppinion: am I not entitled to it?

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 6:17 Quote
smeckma wrote:
With all due respect, for it is always possible to say things insofar you're not being disrecpectfull to other people, it is only an opinion, if however wrong, I would never buy a Manitou fork. This is not so more because of any performance issues whatsoever, but due to the fact I believe it is impossible to add anything valuable to it by just adding a dash of colour. If you come to think of it, Manitou must be thinking we the costumers have poor taste and that we will content with anything they come up with which glitches, sparks or blinds the eye. I am certain my bike will look like an eyesore if I have one of those put in. And, basically, this is what I am saying. Now I wonder why is it PB keeps deleting my comments when it is the case I am only giving my oppinion: am I not entitled to it?

its the hairy chest man its a no no.lol

i beleive everyone is entitled to an opinion and would never delete comments based on peoples opinions so long as there clean.

its a shame to think that when rs and manituo first started or was it answer racing back then,that manituo had the upper hand.

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 8:42 Quote
marquis wrote:
smeckma wrote:

its the hairy chest man its a no no.lol

i beleive everyone is entitled to an opinion and would never delete comments based on peoples opinions so long as there clean.

its a shame to think that when rs and manituo first started or was it answer racing back then,that manituo had the upper hand.

I do understand, but I am a man, and men tend to grow hair all over their bodies.lol

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
^^^ i have none on my chest at all.Eek

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
marquis wrote:
^^^ i have none on my chest at all.Eek

Shame Big Grin

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
stop hating on 100 dollar oem forks. if your beloved fox made a 100 dollar fork it would surely suck ass too. Manitou will re-invent themselves over the next few years, im sad that they are no longer w/ answer (did answer go under?) but my experience w/ haYES HAS BEEN A good one so im looking forward to see what they come out with over the nnext few years. Im also excited about the new alloy dorado but for the price tag i think id rather go with something thaTS proven itself like the boxxer. TPC+ is the shit and if they drop that idea then they are done. Ive owned 3 manitous. two were awesome, one was shit. guess how much the crap one cost?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025452
Mobile Version of Website